My firemouth died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jandkmcdonald

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I feel terrible, I have no idea what happened to him. He was doing great, I have had home since September then he started looking a little faded and beat up. His scales were looking damaged and just old I guess is the only way to describe it. He was suffering for a couple days then I find him stuck against the filter but still breathing a little. I ended up just taking him out and let him die. I feel so bad. What could have happened to him? My other fish are fine. I did a water change today and moved some stuff around and now my water is extremely cloudy.

I feel terrible, I have no idea what happened to him. He was doing great, I have had home since September then he started looking a little faded and beat up. His scales were looking damaged and just old I guess is the only way to describe it. He was suffering for a couple days then I find him stuck against the filter but still breathing a little. I ended up just taking him out and let him die. I feel so bad. What could have happened to him? My other fish are fine. I did a water change today and moved some stuff around and now my water is extremely cloudy.

Man that stinks. Sorry about that bro.

He is actually still breathing. I have him in a bowl, he is just laying upside down barely breathing. Is he curable? Any idea what could be wrong with him?

He is actually still breathing. I have him in a bowl, he is just laying upside down barely breathing. Is he curable? Any idea what could be wrong with him?

I dunno man that's a tough call. Last time that happened to me I gave my fish an ice ice cold bath. I put some whiskey in the bowl. I dunno if that helped but if I had to go I'd want a swig of something.

Sounds funny but I couldn't just flush him.

Back
Top Bottom