My first aquarium - 15G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bytan83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. Just posting some pics of my first aquarium, planted or non-planted to hear some opinions on it. The tank is about 15G with 40W of light, Hagen nutrafin co2 with DIY mix.
I think the tank is pretty heavily stocked, 1 dwarf gourami, 1 small bristlenose, 1 blue ram, 1 male betta, 4 neons , 3 glowlights but im pretty good with waterchanges and everything has been going pretty good so far.
Plant growth is good, had a bit of algae in the beginning but it's pretty much all gone or minimal now that the tank has stabilized somewhat. Well i'm finally pretty happy with the way the tank looks now so i might just maintain it the way it looks now. Sorry the pics aren't great, not very good at photography. Bear in mind this is my first tank and i'm not great at aquascaping so go easy on me ! :lol:

Attachments

• dscn0101_387.jpg
    dscn0101_387.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 108
  • dscn0104_398.jpg
    dscn0104_398.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 76
  • dscn0103_131.jpg
    dscn0103_131.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 60
Very nice! :) Your Gourami looks like a king in that last pic :)

Hi Florida8 & Dugout! Wow thanks for the really nice comments, didn't expect the feedback to be this good since i'm only a newbie and still learning!

You've done a great job! Planting heavy in the beginning is a good idea as it will give you a nice full looking tank faster. Looks great!

Thanks Wood_Dog & GlenC !
Yeah i definately think planting heavily from the beginning is the way to go... better looking tank and helps keep algae to a minimal.
One bad thing about so many stem plants in such a small tank tho is that I have to keep trimming plants every 5 days or so and it's annoying especially since i'm so busy now with univeristy and work.
Tank looks like a jungle now. Ah well will have to find some time next week to trim plants and do a waterchange.

Back
Top Bottom