My first attempt to aquascapping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatecture

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Freshwater attempt to aquascapping

Hi Guys showing my planted tank close to 5 weeks.

IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg

Currently, I'm having troubles with algae management so I decided to buy excel flourish. Now my tank is empty again since I'm not sure if it will be ok for fish and shrimps to live. Well not really empty I left one red cherry shrimp who happens to be pregnant.

I made a dose of 8ml and 1ml everyday. I don't know if it's going to work but so far algae is turning a bit white?

IMG_1936.jpg

Now it looks like this

IMG_2140.jpg

I tied a gauze to my lily inflow pipe since a pet store recommended me to use such to prevent my baby shrimps to get into the filter. As of the moment I don't know if this will work for my pregnant shrimp.

IMG_2124.jpg

What do you think guys ? Will it be safe for my shrimp and her babies considering im dosing my tank with excel? To be honest I made a mistake of dosing more than 5ml for my 14.4 gallon. I was able to put in I think 35 ml of excel. For the next day I put in 1 ml only as prescribed in the instructions. Crossing my fingers for my shrimp and plants. Hehe

Hi guys! Showing my planted aquarium 60cmx30cmx36cm tank.

IMG_1680.jpg

Need your opinion guys! Happy new year!

Very nice indeed. Love the terrain

Thanks!

Any suggestions what plants to put ? I really don't know how it will look like when monte carlo covers everything. What else can I add ? Any suggestions ?

I just noticed diffuser. I would get it as close as I can to the bottom. It looks half way up the side. You want keep as much as you can as long as you can in tank.

Are you planting in the sand? Are you wanting and all carpet kind of look?

I just noticed diffuser. I would get it as close as I can to the bottom. It looks half way up the side. You want keep as much as you can as long as you can in tank.

Are you planting in the sand? Are you wanting and all carpet kind of look?

Yes, I want it everything carpeted but I'm afraid with all that monte carlo it might get a little too boring. Any suggestions what plants to put ?

Ok, so keep diffuser as low as possible ? I'm having trouble with the tube though.

P.helferi will keep a carpet like theme while adding a little height and shape contrast. Calibano07 and I both use it. Its a great plant imo.

P.helferi will keep a carpet like theme while adding a little height and shape contrast. Calibano07 and I both use it. Its a great plant imo.

Ok, thanks ill keep that in mind. Foreground or background ? Aside from the monte carlos I have, I also have hc's but they are so hard to grow and currently filled with algae. Is it also possible that algae eats up the hc's cause im starting to lose a few.

Normally helferi used in foreground but your tank not huge and if its mostly carpeted. You could piece it in where you like. 20161220_184902.jpg

Heres some left of the a.nana petite

I would use a contrasting plant in the sand section. Perhaps make it look like a thicket or small undergrowth. Some crypts might work well for this?

That is a nice looking layout!
I would look for black CO2 tubing; less noticeable.
You can try various stem plants along the back wall as in the examples below (NOT my tanks):
wRyZjrEh.jpg

My Freshwater attempt to aquascapping

First thing I would do is reduce the light period.
If the algae is turning white, then it is dying. Yes, take care with Excel and shrimp.
Fluval makes foam that can fit over the filter intake. I use that on the intake of an AquaClear 50 in my shrimp tank. You need to rinse the sponge at least once a week. Safe for baby shrimp.
If you could position the diffuser under to lily pipe then it should do a better job at distributing the CO2.
BTW - Very good choice in stones and layout.

Yes, I want it everything carpeted but I'm afraid with all that monte carlo it might get a little too boring. Any suggestions what plants to put ?

Ok, so keep diffuser as low as possible ? I'm having trouble with the tube though.

Yes as low as possible

First thing I would do is reduce the light period.
If the algae is turning white, then it is dying. Yes, take care with Excel and shrimp.
Fluval makes foam that can fit over the filter intake. I use that on the intake of an AquaClear 50 in my shrimp tank. You need to rinse the sponge at least once a week. Safe for baby shrimp.
If you could position the diffuser under to lily pipe then it should do a better job at distributing the CO2.
BTW - Very good choice in stones and layout.

Hi! Yes, I cut the lighting for only 6 hours at night from the previous 8 hours. Regarding on excel, will it still be ok to do water changes then put excel after? Unfortunately, I don't have the fluval thats why I opted for the gauze, I'm hoping it will work.

Thanks!

That is a nice looking layout!
I would look for black CO2 tubing; less noticeable.
You can try various stem plants along the back wall as in the examples below (NOT my tanks):
wRyZjrEh.jpg

Thanks, nice ideas!

Back
Top Bottom