My first attempt to aquascapping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now my planted tank looks bad to me lol, do you mind if I take some ideas from your tank?

Now my planted tank looks bad to me lol, do you mind if I take some ideas from your tank?

Sure thing! I just got this idea from another idea hehe. What matters most is how we deviate from every idea. Hoping it gets covered soon, I really can't wait. Good luck with yours!

I would use a contrasting plant in the sand section. Perhaps make it look like a thicket or small undergrowth. Some crypts might work well for this?

Ok.... good idea!

Btw, I love the substrate you used in your tank. I haven't seen those plastics here in our place. I used volcanic rocks as fillers in my tank and lots of but I don't know if it will have bad implications for my plants.

Ok.... good idea!

Btw, I love the substrate you used in your tank. I haven't seen those plastics here in our place. I used volcanic rocks as fillers in my tank and lots of but I don't know if it will have bad implications for my plants.

Thanks although I just removed them. They are drainage cells gardeners use for growing vegetables and the are used for drainage on driveways.

Btw I also removed the substrate. It will be covered in Monte Carlo now instead.

Thanks although I just removed them. They are drainage cells gardeners use for growing vegetables and the are used for drainage on driveways.

Btw I also removed the substrate. It will be covered in Monte Carlo now instead.

Hahaha well I'm not surprised. It took my several WEEKS of endlessly moving my rocks and the sands to come up with this setup. I have so much to learn from you guys!

From these

IMG_0092.jpg

To this
IMG_0890.jpg

And...
IMG_0921.jpg

A little more
IMG_1398.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 80
It's an awesome job. When the large bits of gravel fell on to the sand I lost my patience and just removed it. How you kept the patience there I'll never know. There is only so many times you can keep covering the bits up with more sand.

1FEC0A9E-D395-42CE-B7C8-9FEDD99AACF9.jpg

Guys Help I have a problem with algae. Ive been dosing my tank with excel after a few days algae turned white. Unfortunately boa algae again is showing up. I really don't know what to do now. it feels like my plants are melting? Help please ?

What is your flow rate like? How is your filter mounted?

Image1485301161.270284.jpg

Cali! I'm using a hydor prime 10 external filter. Sometimes I think the outflow in my tank is not that powerful enough. Is it possible that filter clogs with too much dirt and ends up decreasing outflow power? Thanks

View attachment 293778

Cali! I'm using a hydor prime 10 external filter. Sometimes I think the outflow in my tank is not that powerful enough. Is it possible that filter clogs with too much dirt and ends up decreasing outflow power? Thanks

Did you mean BGA algae is what you have?

Low flow/oxygen and BGA are strongly linked. You need to up the flow.

IMG_5664.jpg

An ipdate to my tank. Looks pretty lush but still waiting everything to get covered.

What's next? To trim or wait until everything gets covered?

Back
Top Bottom