My first Mbuna setup!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my first Mbuna tank just cycling it now. Would love any comments, questions or concerns its a 55gal aqua clear 70 filter just waiting on two 425gph powerheads and we will be good to go!

Attachments

• image-355153614.jpg
    image-355153614.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 219
Mumma.of.two said:
Looking good so far. There doesn't seem to be very many hiding places. You may want to consider some more rock structures to create more caves.

I think there is a rain gutter cave background in the tank, but I agree more piles in front. Also I would add a AC 110 and maybe just skip the power heads or just add one.

Yeah it is a gutter cave background and are there any other options then another filter only because the filter is already cut out to fit the wall if I add another filter have to make a new wall prob I know a canister can fix this but not sure when I can get/afford one

Mogurako said:
I think there is a rain gutter cave background in the tank, but I agree more piles in front. Also I would add a AC 110 and maybe just skip the power heads or just add one.

You know what it's for sure not the ac 70 that's in my bottom tank my mistake! I'm not exactly sure what it is but it almost looks like two filters in one I've seen similar photos of them being 330s so I dont know lol here's a pic of the filter it's 14 inches wide

Attachments

• image-985359051.jpg
    image-985359051.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 152
Where did you get your rock? The only place I've been able to find rock that resembles what I've seen here has been on Ebay. I've been thinking about just getting the cichlid stones because I'm tired of trying to find rock that isn't ugly. Lol

bamadude91 said:
Where did you get your rock? The only place I've been able to find rock that resembles what I've seen here has been on Ebay. I've been thinking about just getting the cichlid stones because I'm tired of trying to find rock that isn't ugly. Lol

I got it at lowes in the garden section lol it only comes in 5lb bags though that's all I could find I ran out and even had to drive an hour to a different lowes to get more to finish

Couldn't tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like the tank extends beyond whatever it is sitting on. I would be a little cautious about having part of the tank unsupported. If it's not my apologies. Tank looks great... Nice setup :)

Colwell said:
You know what it's for sure not the ac 70 that's in my bottom tank my mistake! I'm not exactly sure what it is but it almost looks like two filters in one I've seen similar photos of them being 330s so I dont know lol here's a pic of the filter it's 14 inches wide

It looks a lot like the TopFin that came with my 55 gallon. I eventually replaced it with a Fluval 306. I found that it didn't have any real media except for the carbon bags.

Freshwater guy said:
Couldn't tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like the tank extends beyond whatever it is sitting on. I would be a little cautious about having part of the tank unsupported. If it's not my apologies. Tank looks great... Nice setup :)

It's all level and sitting properly might just be pic not sure lol but thanks for the worries !

Crawdaddy said:
It looks a lot like the TopFin that came with my 55 gallon. I eventually replaced it with a Fluval 306. I found that it didn't have any real media except for the carbon bags.

Ya I was thinking about getting a fluval 405 only because I may be able to get one brand new for 100 bucks lol

Back
Top Bottom