My fish has sores!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danio35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got home and saw that one of my Danio's has sores on his body! They are surrounded by a reddned area. He's swimming around and in no apparent distress. The water parameters are as follows:

Nitrates = 0
Nitrites = 0
Ammonia = 0
pH = 8.4

None of the other fish are having this problem. The only other significant thing I can think of is that one of my hatchetfish just went through an Ich infection. He was treated separately.

I was going to put my Danio in my QT, but it smelled like bleach as I was filling it with water. I sterilized the tank about 4 days ago with bleach. I thought I rinsed it well, but I guess not.

I'm off to WalMart to get a QT and sponge filter = hope they have it.

No, I put the Hatchetfish in a QT and treated them with malachite green.

I put my Danio in a 1 gallon QT. He is not eating. Is that too small?

I would suggest investing in melafix. It is an anti bacteria and fin / damage repair. Works great! Where are the sores on the danio? A 1 gal is just fine for the danio's QT.

Thanks for the advice Whitetiger_CJ. The sores are on the right side of his body one is by his anal fin. He has 2 that I can see.

I couldn't stand seeing him in that little tiny tank, so I bought a 10-gal tank and put him in that. I got some Fungus Clear Tank Buddies and put one in. That was about 2 1/2 hours ago. Now he is darting around the tank. I have a bubble wand in there to agitate the water and such. He keeps swimming though the bubbles. Is this because he is just having fun, or could he be trying to get more O2? He doesn't seem to be gasping, but I'm worried about the darting.

I know, I'm probably thinking too much.

I just checked the H2O parameters.

Ammonia = 0.5
nitrites/ates = 0

Did a 50% H2O change. Added salt. Keeping the water about 82 degrees.

He seems OK, but I think he's getting another sore on the other side.

Any help appreciated, even if it's that I'm doing OK.

Thanks,

Michelle

Apocalypse_Gold said:
I would be worried about a danio if he wasn't darting.

Yeah, I guess that's a good point :)

My water parameters show ammonia still at 0.5. I bet it's because it's a new QT and not cycled. Should I add some gravel from my established tank?

I'm worried that if I remove too much water that the medicine will be too dilute.

He's still not eating and now it appears that his fins are clamped when he swims.

I'm at my wits end! I just want my poor guy to live!

Thanks,

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom