my fish r dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strokinbyeu

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just changed the water in my tank about 75% and now my fish r freaking out my balas r upside down and the rest seem to be gasping for air my readings look great my ph is 7.0, nitrite is 0ppm ammonia is 0ppm and the nitrate is 10ppm what did i do wrong the water is from a well that i have always used and the tepm is 78 i norm keep it about 76-77 what can i do thank u for ur help

Perhaps there was a contaminant introduced into the well water that wasn't there recently. Any pesticides or fire retardant been sprayed or dropped in the area recently?

no they seem to be doing better now i have alot of little bubbles on evrything including the fish is it posible to have done tobig of water chage?

and given the excessive gas-off of the water shown by the bubbles, I would indeed suspect that there is too much co2 in the water. Add an airstone to the tank, that should help gas off any excess co2 that is hurting the fish.

i belive u r rite . there all good to go now. what would make the co2 build up i always use the same sink to got water and never had a prob b4?

I'm not sure, but I guess it doesn't happen every time. Maybe it has to get to a certain level for it to leave the water storage tank, or if the storage tank gets close to empty and new water is pumped up.

Sorry I can't help more. I try to be diverse, but I haven't gotten very far into plumbing (or electricity for that matter)

Back
Top Bottom