My fish sicks or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felku

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new into this aquarium thing. I still working with cycling of the aquarium and do a lot of water changes. The thing is that I have notice lately that my fish looks a little fat and today I notice a white poop in form like line or something like that.

Don;t know if it looks the line of white poop but here is a pic.
vr75tH6Z
Second pic

Here is another pic from the fat fish, are the bloated?
Irg0P1uSh
First pic

Irg0P1uSh

Attachments

• IMAG0683.jpg
    IMAG0683.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0686.jpg
    IMAG0686.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Livebearers breed quite often, (I'm bad at sexing) so you could just have a pregnant female. You can also try a blanched pea for good measure in case it's bloating. If it's not, it got its veggies for today.

Caleb

The red is a male (a little plump but not dangerously so), solid orange is a female who looks fine, need a better pic of the fat mickey mouse but I'm thinking pregnant female, hard to say without a closer pic.

I tough the yellow and red was male but I'm a newbi so I can't be mistaken. I added more pics.

About the white poo, is something to be afraid or is nothing?

Attachments

• 20150813_203318.jpg
    20150813_203318.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20150813_203636(2).jpg
    20150813_203636(2).jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 39
Not sure, but I do see a bala shark.

Bala sharks get huge and need schools of 5+ so unless you have a 125+ gallon system for an adult school of them is suggest looking for a new home for the fellow.

Caleb

I still can't say for sure, need a good view of the (I believe its called) anal fin. On a male its the thin pointed gonopodium, on a female I believe its called the caudal fin (don't kill me if I'm wrong, its been a while since I've looked at proper terminology.) Basically the male has a thin fin that points behind it, the female has a spade shaped fin that hangs displayed under it.

Also if your into "sharks" but can't contain the bala maybe look at a rainbow, I have a 5" one that's pretty chill and they stay around 6" and are recommended to be kept to a single shark per tank based on conspecific aggression.

I still can't say for sure, need a good view of the (I believe its called) anal fin. On a male its the thin pointed gonopodium, on a female I believe its called the caudal fin (don't kill me if I'm wrong, its been a while since I've looked at proper terminology.) Basically the male has a thin fin that points behind it, the female has a spade shaped fin that hangs displayed under it.

Also if your into "sharks" but can't contain the bala maybe look at a rainbow, I have a 5" one that's pretty chill and they stay around 6" and are recommended to be kept to a single shark per tank based on conspecific aggression.

It has a thin fin(or at least I think that). I didn't know about the shark and now everybody reminds me how big they get lol. Thanks for the recommendation.

The yellow one was dropping the white thing again, it looks like a worm not saying is a worm but it looks like that and it swims with the white thing for a while. Is that normal?

Nope, white stringy poo is a sign of parasites. With common live bearers such as these I would return those afflicted and start new though there is no guarantee they haven't been passed on. Fish have the tendency to eat poo for some reason......

Nope, white stringy poo is a sign of parasites. With common live bearers such as these I would return those afflicted and start new though there is no guarantee they haven't been passed on. Fish have the tendency to eat poo for some reason......

Yes, they're common but it will be difficult for me to replace them since the aquarium was a gift for my daughter( although I'm getting addicted) but she named all the fishes (she is only 6 years). Is there any treatment I can do for them?

it wouldn't hurt to try adding some finely minced garlic into what you feed them...do this for maybe a month. it can help to kill off internal parasites and is good for them. it can stink up the water a little but with water changes it wont be a problem. there are also medicated foods you can use to treat internal parasites...IF that is what is going on.

it wouldn't hurt to try adding some finely minced garlic into what you feed them...do this for maybe a month. it can help to kill off internal parasites and is good for them. it can stink up the water a little but with water changes it wont be a problem. there are also medicated foods you can use to treat internal parasites...IF that is what is going on.

Thanks for the advice. I'm using this aquarium from my daughter to learn and then built one for me.

I added more pics to show the white thing. (Sorry for too many pics). The last pic is the white thing floating.

Attachments

• 20150813_224510.jpg
    20150813_224510.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20150813_224537.jpg
    20150813_224537.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20150813_224550.jpg
    20150813_224550.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 39
I found this site on the forum Angels Plus for medicated fish food. Can anyone recommend me which one(s) to buy for worms.

Back
Top Bottom