My Fluval Roma 200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I think I finally have a stock list for my 200 litre tank.

Please let me know what you all think.

Here goes.

2 x Bolivian Rams
7 x Danios
7 x Penguin Tetras
1 or 2 Small corydora species. ( looking for a small bottom dwelling fish, ideas?)

What do you think to this list?

I've been vigilant about overstocking and think I should be well within stocking levels even if I choose a pleco.

I've not included my Chinese algae eaters in this as I'm thinking I might return them to the LFS as they ideally need to be in groups of 5 and I don't want that many.

Today I have been to my LFS and the local PETSATHOME store and have began to fall in love with Rams. Which has made me try to nail down my stock list.

Please do let me know any foreseeable problems with choices of fish or stocking levels etc.

Thank you.

Jon

I have researched sizes of these fish too.

Bolivian Rams - up to 3 inches
Danios - up to 2 inches
Penguin tetras - up to 2 inches

Jon

Well because I've never kept them personally. It sounds good to me but I don't know much about the fish themselves. But from what I do know, it sounds good to me.

Actually, looking back, there are only 3 kinds of fish and they all should be perfectly fine together lol. I say a BN pleco is the perfect one for your tank, that's what I have.

Thanks.

I'm looking for a bottom dweller simply because I want it to help with any left overs as I have nutrient rich substrate which I don't really want to be gravel vac'ing up.

Jon

Well I'm sure you know this but a clean up crew is no replacement for regular cleaning. What kind of substrate do you have, because the gravel vac really shouldn't affect anything

Yeah I know about regular cleaning etc.

I have
Sera Floradepot plant substrate
And some
Peasize gravel

The gravel you can see in the pics.

Jon

Cool.

As for the bristlenose plec. With my stock list do you think one or two BN plec's?

Do they like being in pairs?

I'm going to decorate my tank with some real slate making hiding spots/caves etc and an old terracotta plant pot which I'm going to smash up before adding for effect.

Jon

I would go with two at least. The albino ones stay under 4 inches I believe and the regular ones under 6. Maybe they stay under 4 too tho. Also, they like driftwood but I don't have any and they're ok. They take a long time to grow too. They eat lots of algae.

paytertot said:
I would go with two at least. The albino ones stay under 4 inches I believe and the regular ones under 6. Maybe they stay under 4 too tho. Also, they like driftwood but I don't have any and they're ok. They take a long time to grow too. They eat lots of algae.

Thanks for this info.

Performed a 70% PWC about 35mins ago Nitrites now appear to be between 2-5ppm.

I have redosed ammonia back up to 4ppm and I will keep my eye on the Nitrites.

Should I now try keeping the Nitrites within readable levels?

If they become unreadable break out the bucket. Lol.

Jon

Yes nitrites need to stay readable because if they are too high it will stall the cycle. Do you have a heater in there or any aeration? Both of those things help a cycle along.

paytertot said:
Yes nitrites need to stay readable because if they are too high it will stall the cycle. Do you have a heater in there or any aeration? Both of those things help a cycle along.

Yeah heater is cranked right up. Keeping water temp around 82f. I don't have an air stone etc because I'm using pressurised Co2 do I've reduced the water level to allow the filter return to splash on the surface.

Jon

It's only been 14 days since I started this tank so I don't mind waiting. Lol.

Jon

Ok so today I have completed a 120litre PWC.

Added a piece of terracotta pot that I smashed ( yes it was a BIG pot) and then allowed the tank 50mins to settle before testing.

Ammonia 0.25 ppm ( about to dose back up)
Nitrite 5 ppm
( doing another 90 litre PWC later)
Nitrate 40 ppm

We're rocking and rolling now bro.

That PWC you advised has done the trick.

Thanks

Pics

View attachment 87331

View attachment 87330

Jon

Back
Top Bottom