My Fluval Roma 200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I meant the movement lol. You can never have too much filtration either. I highly recommend getting a small aquaclear HOB.

paytertot said:
Yes I meant the movement lol. You can never have too much filtration either. I highly recommend getting a small aquaclear HOB.

Today I have purchased the Hydor Koralia Evolution 2800 powerhead and a 500ml bottle of Seachem Prime to see why you're all raving about it. 5ml for 200litres of water treatment wow!!!! I thought my LFS own brand conditioner was good at 5ml per 45litres lol.

I have also decided to rescape my tank slightly differently. I will post pics once complete.

Jon

Found a nice porcelain cave system today at my LFS.

View attachment 88743

Thought it was pretty cool. It's actually 3 separate pieces that stand on each other.

They were labeled as Cichlid caves.

Jon

Congrats!!! Yah always double check your cycle cuz i thought mine was done and then i redosed and my trites spiked so yah always double check

Tcal01 said:
Congrats!!! Yah always double check your cycle cuz i thought mine was done and then i redosed and my trites spiked so yah always double check

I will be checking and redosing ammonia during a week to be sure while I rescape my tank.

It's just really weird, how a little while ago I was worrying about high nitrites and doing PWC's and now it's done. Lol.

Jon

Lol yay! If you can completely convert 4ppm ammo into nitrAtes in 24 hours or less, then you just need to do a PWC to get the nitrates below 20 and you can start stocking! Whooo!

In the last 24hours I have converted 3ppm of Ammonia.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 80

I have redosed Ammonia up to 4ppm. Will wait and see now if it all converts by this time tomorrow.

Jon

You only need to test it once. Now you just have to do a huge PWC to get the nitrates down, and you can stock! If you don't stock right away, just remember to dose about 1ppm every day and do a PWC the night before you stock

Ok so I can convert 4ppm of ammonia into 0ppm Nitrites and lots of Nitrates.

My recent purchase.

View attachment 89497

Here is a pic of my tank now.

View attachment 89498

I hope I have placed my PowerHead in a good position.

Co2 is currently off.

I have ditched my current plants and am going to a different LFS for some new ones.

The reason I have ditched them is that I had an outbreak of Planaria with some Copepods thrown in for good measure along with a solitary snail of some description.

There is nowhere else they could have come from. My current LFS buys in their plants. The alternative LFS grows their own in house. They have also won countless awards for aquascaping. So that's great!!!

I have treated the Planaria outbreak with something simple from my local supermarket.

View attachment 89499

View attachment 89500

View attachment 89501

After doing research I found everyone recommending Fenbendazole. Which is used for treating worms in cats and dogs. So I went into the pet isle in the supermarket and set about trying to find a de-wormer with this ingredient. Hey presto the very first one I picked up. Lol.

Planaria is now under control. Snail is gone and only a few copepods remain.

I know these things are non parasitic but it was doing my head in looking at them.

Once the tank is stocked I know these creatures will be extra food for some of my fish.

Jon

Forgot to mention that I used 0.1g of the de-wormer for every 10gallons. So i dosed with 0.5g of the powder.

Jon

Well I went on the main site instead of the iPhone app as the app wouldn't let me upload any more pics and I deleted my attachments. Now all my uploaded pics have gone from any of my posts.

What gives?

Is there a limit on how many pictures we can upload?

And as such means we have to remove some pictures in order to upload more?

Jon

Back
Top Bottom