My four month old cuties :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are sweet!!! How many you have? Tank size?

Those are awesome looking fins, what type are they?

Just those three there baby red belly they will lose the spots as they get older. I have them in a 55g tall tank. As of now its a brand new tank for them

The_misteak11 said:
Just those three there baby red belly they will lose the spots as they get older. I have them in a 55g tall tank. As of now its a brand new tank for them

Thats really cool! How big do they get?

Too bad they loose the spots, they look very cool

Yeh i love there spots. There supposed to be fully grown in 13 months at around 8 inches There little teeth are like razors. They eat feeders like champs

They are alot cheeper buying them at 1 to 2 inches I bought mine when they were that size for 6 dollars a peice but at the size they are now at a pet store they usually run 20 dollars or so. There about 4 inches now. And bite anything that trys to catch them. Ive been through two nets because of them

They are alot cheeper buying them at 1 to 2 inches I bought mine when they were that size for 6 dollars a peice but at the size they are now at a pet store they usually run 20 dollars or so. There about 4 inches now. And bite anything that trys to catch them. Ive been through two nets because of them

haha thats funny

I've got two red bellies now. They're about 6-7 in had them about two years. The sad part is I started with 4 and two disappeared. I know what you mean by the net. I had one plop on the floor and had to pick him up by hand. They are very cool looking fish when they get bigger.

Red's grow up to 12". The three of them will need a min. Of a 125g tank once fully grown.

That said, they are awesome fish. I used to keep a school of 12 in my 180g a few years ago. 5-7" I used to sell them and start over after the 8" mark. I do miss them and that tank.

Alral1988 said:
I've got two red bellies now. They're about 6-7 in had them about two years. The sad part is I started with 4 and two disappeared. I know what you mean by the net. I had one plop on the floor and had to pick him up by hand. They are very cool looking fish when they get bigger.

Where do u get them?

I remember reading somewhere that in some states it's illegal to keep piranas. Right?

Back
Top Bottom