My girlfriend is quite the aquascaper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evansimp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my girlfriend into the fish keeping hobby recently, and gave her my old 10 gallon and some decorations that I used to have. I set it up, and the next day I come back to see it, she did an awesome job aquascaping. The decorations are all fake, but man, she made it look great compared to the way I had it!

Attachments

• image-3895476987.jpg
    image-3895476987.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 465
Very nice. Nothing wrong with artificial stuff.

I'd get her some fake jungle val, hygrophilia or other long plant for that back corner and let it run up the back and across the top somewhat and another for in front of the filter tube.

Your girl did a great job!! Looks good. And I agree nothing wrong with artificial things. I like the natural look and it looks good.

lol I have to sake though... Is it on a bath towel?

Convict2161 said:
Your girl did a great job!! Looks good. And I agree nothing wrong with artificial things. I like the natural look and it looks good.

lol I have to sake though... Is it on a bath towel?

Yeah it's on a bath towel haha! When I moved it from my house to hers, the tank was almost completely stuck to the stand. I almost broke the darn thin trying to get It off! So we put a towel under it to keep it from sticking. And her parents freak out about water spilling, so the towel helps from drips!

Evansimp said:
Yeah it's on a bath towel haha! When I moved it from my house to hers, the tank was almost completely stuck to the stand. I almost broke the darn thin trying to get It off! So we put a towel under it to keep it from sticking. And her parents freak out about water spilling, so the towel helps from drips!

Haha I got ya... Gotta try and keep everyone happy.

Is even the wood fake? If only i could get my 10 gallon to look like that...

Link119 said:
Is even the wood fake? If only i could get my 10 gallon to look like that...

The piece of wood in the back is real, we found it on the beach. But everything else is fake! :)

She did a great job huh, I wish it looked like that when I had it too haha

Impressive and natural look. Great job. Well done converting the parents aswell as the gf.

We got some more plants today! :)

Attachments

• image-2920810010.jpg
    image-2920810010.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image-2009976071.jpg
    image-2009976071.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image-786239089.jpg
    image-786239089.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3665172591.jpg