My goldfish don't do much if I'm not around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raku

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Over the two months I've had my two goldies I've noticed that they aren't very active if I'm not in my room with them. Is this normal? Does it mean that they just really like me or something, or is this an actual behavior issue? My fish are very healthy so they have no reason to not be active, but I'm just curious. Does anyone else's fish do this?

Well how big is the tank?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok well this might suprise you but goldfish can grow to about a foot if they are common goldfish and around six inches I'd they are fancy. The reason they aren't active is probly because they are cramped and possibly have their growth stunted. When they see you they know the might be fed and become active. For your fish to have a very healthy life then you should get a 40 gallon tank if they are fancys and 80 gallons if they are commons. If you don't have space or the money just upgrade their tank. Anythings better than a 10 gallon.

I know this already. At the size they are right now they still have plenty of room to swim around and stuff. I can't afford anything bigger than a ten gallon, but when I get a job in a couple of years I plan on being able to get them something bigger. I'm not really worrying about it too much right now because they both seem happily content with their tank size.

I never said they weren't active I just said they weren't as active.

Oh ok. Glad to hear the goodies wont be in a 10 gal foreverm

Back
Top Bottom