My jack Dempsey has teeth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Jack Dempsey's have teeth. Pretty sure on the bottom. I also think that all cichlid's have teeth(what I read on an article).

Ya i noticed them a while ago but i didnt think about it at all except this time i looked at him and hes actually swimming around with my oscar and being interactive which is wierd lol. But i looked closely and they got bigger and are red lmao

My african cichlids have teeth too. I have two males and they got into it and one bite the other n cause bleeding. Its kind of crazy!

they have pretty sharp little teeth in those mouths. i was on the receiving end of a bite from a jack that though my finger was a food pellet. scared the poop out of me and ripped the skin a little.

But the oscar eats it lmao. Hes a fatty haha so i just put in like six pellets so i think the JD does eat when im not there.

Haha. Well this is um not exactly cute lol. He looks pretty cool lol. Its mouth hangs open, not like hangs open but like when ppl are breathing threw their mouth, and little red fangs ring the inside of his bottom jaw

Haha. Well this is um not exactly cute lol. He looks pretty cool lol. Its mouth hangs open, not like hangs open but like when ppl are breathing threw their mouth, and little red fangs ring the inside of his bottom jaw

Sounds cool! I have been bit a few times by some of my big guys not a fun way to find out they have sharp teeth :(

I got bit by my oscar but i dont think she has teeth. But my friends Dovii DOES have teeth lmao it almost broke my hand

Yikes! I hate having to put my hand in my lungfish tank for that same reason.... well im not so worried of my hand breaking im worried i will lose some digits! Some nasty teeth on that guy

Yep. My friends dad had a 23'' Male Dovii in a 300 gallon tank. I loved that fish but my friends parents divorced and sold the tank and fish.

Just wait until you've been nipped by a breeding pair of jag cichlids (managuense) when trying to clean their tank. The male would latch on and shake like a dog. I swear he was part dog part piranha.

But yes, to my knowledge all cichlids have some form of teeth, even rams and angels.

Back
Top Bottom