My journey with my new 29 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I leave on England on Monday. And I'm going to get shrimp tommorow and
Et it cycle. When I get back I'm going to test it with my test kit. How you guys have a nice 2 weeks!

Turn the temp up to 82, make sure someone can do a top off, put shrimp in mesh or pantyhose and let er ride..

Ok so just came back from my soccer game, and bought shrimp. I turned he temp up and everything's ready to go. Just one stupid question, do I need the peel the shrimp shell?

You don't have to. I do recommend putting it in a media bag or unused pantyhose. It will make quite a mess otherwise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

So once I've peeled it and set the shrimp über I'm going to add my driftwood. I'll send a pic in a little bit.

We'll, I'm in a packing frenzy today! Here's my plan I'm going to peel the shrimp I already have a mesh bag and put the shrimp in the tank. I'm going to put my driftwood in. I'm going to test it using my API master test kit?

Here's a pic! Doing an API test in a bit. Also researching plants.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396211832.383320.jpg

Thx! I really like the mopani driftwood. Sry it's a little fuzzy. What plants do you think I can do?

The tests are in!

My first 1 is PH high test.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396226455.229723.jpg

My second one is ammonia

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396226509.053334.jpg

My third is NitrIte

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396226577.354834.jpg

And the final one is NitrAte

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396226628.193439.jpg

So with these results where would you say I am in a cycle? No where?

Well, leaving today from my prediction I haven't even started a cycle yet.

Just let the shrimp do it's thing.. That first color had to be a mistake;) you can practice when you get back.. Just relax and enjoy your vaca.. No fish to worry about.. Your tank will be fine..

I don't teaching so. I tested my tap water and it's really high ph. I followed the instructions. Even when I did the regular ph test it was off the chart.

Back
Top Bottom