My kid's frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
My kid's tank is a 5g with a dalmatian molly and an ADF. The molly eats flakes, and I drop frog and tadpole bites in for the frog, but I have never seen him eat. He hides 100% of the time. I only see him when I do PWC b/c I disturb his house. Today I moved his house on purpose, and he looks skinny! I put food in front of him, and nothing. I was able to scoop him up with no protest. He hopped out of my hand before I reached the surface of the water, but he does not seem healthy. Suggestions?
Tank is cycled, I do 50% changes twice a week, and I know ammonia and nitrite are 0. I don't test the rest... not since it cycled, and we stocked it. The lfs guy said mollies like salt so I added some (1/2 tbsp) this past weekend.... is this the problem for the ADF? I did not redose salt with today's PWC.

Maybe he doesn't like the food try a different kind maybe blood worms or catfish pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Another member here mentioned that african dwarf frogs have bad eyes, they don't like lights, they prefer darkness and maybe he is eating during the night.
She also said that they have good memory, so it is good to feed them at the same time in the same place every day.

Put the food close to him (as you are doing), and hope that he does well.

Hope this helps.

Another member here mentioned that african dwarf frogs have bad eyes, they don't like lights, they prefer darkness and maybe he is eating during the night.
She also said that they have good memory, so it is good to feed them at the same time in the same place every day.

Put the food close to him (as you are doing), and hope that he does well.

Hope this helps.

Ahhhh... thank you. I had not heard this.

Back
Top Bottom