My lighting isn't bright enough. Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badambomb79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I have to 2 36" marineland marine bright led fixtures on my 180g cichlid tank but it always looks kinda yellowish and it bugs me what should I do to make the water clearer/ light brighter. I was thinking of adding a couple of par 38 bulbs to enhance it. Here's a pic of the tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396467745.611339.jpg

Firstly get rid of the wood, it looks like its leaching into your water column. Cichlids like rocks. Get some polyfilter mat, it is by far the best mechanical filter material I have ever used. I have a mix of imitation and real texas holy rock and filter with polyfilter. My tank has never been clearer. Also using LED on my 5 foot tank.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As you can see.

Attachments

• 1396567001228.jpg
    1396567001228.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 115
Polyfilter

Attachments

• 1396567345332.jpg
    1396567345332.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 145
Your tank is what I'm trying to do to my tank! What is your substrate?

Yourd looks like normal pebbles. Lose the wood and pebbles and replace with coral sand and rock. That will clear it I think.

One last thing, get some activated carbon in your filter, that will help ckear it up.

I have a wet dry under my tank or sump. Whatever it's called. So water just goes into the overflow and down into the sump and pumps back into the tank.

Carbon can often suck out the tannens from wood which if whats caused the yellow water.

Firstly get rid of the wood, it looks like its leaching into your water column. Cichlids like rocks. Get some polyfilter mat, it is by far the best mechanical filter material I have ever used. I have a mix of imitation and real texas holy rock and filter with polyfilter. My tank has never been clearer. Also using LED on my 5 foot tank.

Could you tell me what LED light you have?

Not sure of the brand but they're cree type LED. Got it on ebay in sydney Australia.

Back
Top Bottom