My little otos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got 5 of these guys a week ago and they were quite emaciated. Now they are nice and plump and more active than ever. They've also grown each about a quarter of an inch.
I love them very much and they are some of the most personable fish I've ever had. Sorry for the low quality camera, it doesn't do close ups very well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice fish. What do you feed them? Steroids? 1/4 inch in a week?

I have thought about a couple of these guys for alge... are they schooling fish like the corys?

I think they enjoy eachothers company and if you get just one you won't really see a huge impact but I don't think I would categorize them as schooling fish at all

SO cute! can't wait to get some otos for my tank...i've seen some wicked cute pics of them hanging upside down from plants. have you seen yours do that yet? MORE PICS! lol

Yah 1/4 of an inch, I think they just looked smaller because they were starving in the LFS' tank. They don't really school until they get hungry. Then they chase each other around until they are full which is really fun to watch. I'll get more pictures later after a PWC.

Yep, I got them at half off, 1USD each. I went back to the LFS a day ago and the clerk there had the nerve to say "They died already?". I was about a millimeter away from saying back to him "Just because you can't keep fish alive here doesn't mean I can't myself" but I restrained myself. Here's a pic of one on some DHG ;it looks like a female by it's girth.
oto2.jpg
dsc01312et.jpg

dsc01262r.jpg

Oh! I love the third pic, and you need to put it in the FW Photo Contest! They're super cute! (Although not as cute as my emeralds...LOL ;))

Back
Top Bottom