My mini underwater world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I love when they hang out on my floating moss balls! It looks they are on their own little planets!

I love that pond!!

:cool: that's a pretty cool looking pond in your profile pic!! I am a huge invertebrate fan, I'm probably going to wind up bringing home some moss and at least a couple of fiddler crabs, there is no place around here that sell freshwater shrimps. Good job aquascaping, the way you have the pic set up they do kind of look like a couple aliens stepping out into an unknown cosmos..... (y) keep up the good work!!

Tank specs

Nice tank! What size is this? What filter/lights are you using? Oh, welcome!

This is a 10 gal tank, with black sand substrate, HOB generic tetra filter, and Marineland double bright LED light fixture. Thanks for inquiring :)

:cool: that's a pretty cool looking pond in your profile pic!! I am a huge invertebrate fan, I'm probably going to wind up bringing home some moss and at least a couple of fiddler crabs, there is no place around here that sell freshwater shrimps. Good job aquascaping, the way you have the pic set up they do kind of look like a couple aliens stepping out into an unknown cosmos..... (y) keep up the good work!!

The pond is a photo I took at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens Japanese Garden! EBay is where we got our shrimp...15 of them for $12. They came in great shape and these are actually the babies from our original batch we bought, they are about 1 month old. Their Momma's are bright red and white striped! This is a shot from my baby guppy 10 gal tank with baby shrimp :) I will try and catch a pic of the adults in our 20 gal xtall that houses the adult Fancytail Guppies and the adult shrimp! And a gorgeous albino bristlenose pleco. :) Thanks for the kind words :) Happy New Year! :thanks:

The pond is a photo I took at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens Japanese Garden! EBay is where we got our shrimp...15 of them for $12. They came in great shape and these are actually the babies from our original batch we bought, they are about 1 month old. Their Momma's are bright red and white striped! This is a shot from my baby guppy 10 gal tank with baby shrimp :) I will try and catch a pic of the adults in our 20 gal xtall that houses the adult Fancytail Guppies and the adult shrimp! And a gorgeous albino bristlenose pleco. :) Thanks for the kind words :) Happy New Year! :thanks:

Norfolk as in Norfolk, VA? I lived there for a few years (@ODU) and never visited the gardens :(
BTW, nice shrimp!

Norfolk as in Norfolk, VA? I lived there for a few years (@ODU) and never visited the gardens :(
BTW, nice shrimp!

Yes! Norfolk, Va! We live in Va Beach, VA! :) Added a new shrimp photo!

I frequented a pet store in southern shopping center in Norfolk, the one in Lynnhaven, and a garden center on independence ave. Cant remember the names because this was in the 80s.

I used to travel by skateboard from the ODU campus to 19th & Colley Ave (scary) to get $1s worth of feeders for a red belly piranha I kept at school. He lived in a slate bottom steel frame 10g (don't judge). Sold him back to the store for credit.

I frequented a pet store in southern shopping center in Norfolk, the one in Lynnhaven, and a garden center on independence ave. Cant remember the names because this was in the 80s.

I used to travel by skateboard from the ODU campus to 19th & Colley Ave (scary) to get $1s worth of feeders for a red belly piranha I kept at school. He lived in a slate bottom steel frame 10g (don't judge). Sold him back to the store for credit.

I am not familiar with any of those LPS, and that trek from Norfolk must have been treacherous! I think you may be talking about the MacDonald's Nursery on Independence. That is still there :) They have gorgeous Koi and great garden stuff, but are very over priced...think they got too big for their britches! :lol:

Well get to it there Fancytail!! A video would be nice. I'd like to see the tank live!!

I have two tanks, one 20gal xtra tall with adult fancy tails, an albino pleco, and a ton of RCS. The other is my newest, 10 gal guppy fry, baby RCS, and a lonely snail :) I've never posted on YouTube and am a bit technologically ignorant when it comes to stuff like this!

Who knows...maybe some day... :hide:

My guppies are super active, hard to capture a pic of them!

Back
Top Bottom