My New 150.. any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive got a fluval 305 and 405 along with an aqua-tech 30-60... lights are horrible... just standard old 48" t8 bulbs... one is a 10,000k, the other an actinic... looks good, just wont grow plants (not that i could have them with those fish anyways)

appears ive caught it too... found my male auratus dead today... he seemed to have a lighter whitish colored streak across the top which i just figured was one of his many color changes... i guess that should have been an indication :(

Alright guys, thanks to Dizzcat, i have renovated my tank (thanks for the idea dizz)... I could not believe the amount of junk that had build up under the rocks. Im sure that was just an ammonia factory in the making. Needless to say, i did a thorough vacuum today, along with a 50% pwc and cleaned one of my filters (im scared to death of going through a mini cycle if i clean both at once). Also, they finally starting digging :) If you look on the right side of the tank in the front, there is a big pile where they dug around and kicked up some sand, theyre finally starting to act like mbuna:) What do you think about it?

Last edited:
It looks Great!!! on thing that i would do though is to add more height to the rock sturctures in your tank.

yeah, ive got more rock on the porch (thanks to Aquarium1) but im just too lazy to clean it. Im sure ill have more in the next couple weeks. Thanks both of you for the comments :)

well this thread has been dead for a while... just an update, i have no update :) Everything is the same as of now, ill probably be getting some more fish next weekend.. trying to figure out what to go with, but i think im going to get some acei and probably another red zebra, yellow lab, and some more auratus

Looks like a great deal, I would clean it with warm water, also with the lights I don't think it would blind them but if you find them too bright you should be able to take some of the bulbs out, also it depends on the light are the Metal Halide, Power Compact, T-5? Because Metal halide would be unessacary and would waste energy and heat up the tank.

Looks like a great deal, I would clean it with warm water, also with the lights I don't think it would blind them but if you find them too bright you should be able to take some of the bulbs out, also it depends on the light are the Metal Halide, Power Compact, T-5? Because Metal halide would be unessacary and would waste energy and heat up the tank.
i think you totally skipped from the first post to here... this tank has been up and running for 3 months now...

Sorry, I'm a little clueless sometimes, it's the weekend my brain turns off the second that clock hits 5.

Back
Top Bottom