My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Awww neither did I:( a worker at the lfs showed me the baby engineers once and I told him to stop lying to me lol

Yeah. Just looked em up. It's cool to see how little they are and how their stripes change from vertical to horizontal. I just can't wait for mine to get to a foot long! So cool

Mine is about an inch and a half maybe a tad more. I have it in my 20g for now but anticipate it being moved to the 125g when it gets bigger. Mine has grown by at least double since I got him so they are fast growers. :-D

carey said:
Mine is about an inch and a half maybe a tad more. I have it in my 20g for now but anticipate it being moved to the 125g when it gets bigger. Mine has grown by at least double since I got him so they are fast growers. :-D

Yes! They do grow fast! Mine was about 4 inches when I got him and now is about 5-6 inches!

Mines every bit of 10" if not more. He's a biggun . He's got an insane Camo look to him. Best part is to look underneath at the bottom glass and watch his tunnels

Yes! They do grow fast! Mine was about 4 inches when I got him and now is about 5-6 inches!

Are they hardy and do they eat well? Are they aggressive? If they meet the criteria, maybe I will get one or two for my 125g. Thanks! :)

Woohoo! Just found a bio cube 29 full set up and running on Craigslist for 100$. Hubby is picking it up to ought because I have class- but now we have to decide if its gonna stay here or if its gonna be an Xmas present for my niece :)(). I want it for a seahorse tank

redsea said:
Are they hardy and do they eat well? Are they aggressive? If they meet the criteria, maybe I will get one or two for my 125g. Thanks! :)

Mine eats like a champ and made it thru my ick really well. They aren't aggressive IMO. They just like to hang out in the caves and pop their heads out once in a while. Kinda like eels

Go seahorse tank with it. I will be starting one myself. Jus found out i am gonna b a dad so one will be going in the nursry

Mine eats like a champ and made it thru my ick really well. They aren't aggressive IMO. They just like to hang out in the caves and pop their heads out once in a while. Kinda like eels

Thanks. Now I am wondering, how did you treat for ich?

I agree 100% with sardina... they really do mind their own business for the most part.. only part you have to watch for is they LOVE to dig tunnels and caves... so be ready to have your sand completely rearranged.. when I setup my tank, I flattened out the sand before I went to bed, the next morning there wasnt a level spot in the tank! He moved it all

mdavidson said:
Go seahorse tank with it. I will be starting one myself. Jus found out i am gonna b a dad so one will be going in the nursry

Congrats!!! But I just found out they sold it before I could get up there :(. I hate when people do that- especially since they said it was mine

redsea said:
Thanks. Now I am wondering, how did you treat for ich?

Well I've done QT and in tank chemicals- but in the end I still lost fish. So I don't know what's best. Was getting to the point that I just let see who survived. And shockingly- the engineer, wrasse and two tangs pulled through.

Jlsardina said:
Well I've done QT and in tank chemicals- but in the end I still lost fish. So I don't know what's best. Was getting to the point that I just let see who survived. And shockingly- the engineer, wrasse and two tangs pulled through.

Yeah, I am still not sure what I should do. At this point I think only one of my fish still has ich, and I think the others have gotten rid of it. I am puzzled though because I know that it is supposed to come back twice as strong but it hasn't. I know that it isn't likely that it could be going away, but I do have four shrimp. Lol, what do you think? Thanks!

Jlsardina said:
Congrats!!! But I just found out they sold it before I could get up there :(. I hate when people do that- especially since they said it was mine

Awww, sorry about that, it is very annoying when that happens. I know how it feels. :(

Don't rely on shrimp to rid your tank of ich. Best thing to do, if you have the equipment. Is get your fish into a bare tank, (no substrate, no live rock, just a filter and perhaps a few lil pvc pipes for hiding) hypo that tanks and treat the main tank

Don't rely on shrimp to rid your tank of ich. Best thing to do, if you have the equipment. Is get your fish into a bare tank, (no substrate, no live rock, just a filter and perhaps a few lil pvc pipes for hiding) hypo that tanks and treat the main tank

Thanks. I have always been confused on how to cycle the QT tank, also, how do I treat the main tank, I thought you just let it sit and the ich died. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom