My new 30gallon set up, pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good. Is that an arc eyed hawk, I have one, they are hilarious. Your not putting live anenomes in there right?

is it bad if you put the thermomoeter (same one you have) on the inside of the tank? cause mine is sticking

Well, the tank is only about 2 weeks old, so I need to wait for it to cycle some more before adding anenomes. But yes, I do plan on having live anenomes. But in the mean time, I need to get a new light.

and yes, the heater goes inside the tank.

Well, the tank is only about 2 weeks old, so I need to wait for it to cycle some more before adding anenomes
Agreed. Actually, most recommend that anemones go into mature and established tanks only. I say wait 8-12 months before adding these to your system.

Great looking start to the tank. I agree with Lando. You will need a more established tank to support an anemone otherwise it could easily die. If this happens and you are unaware your tank could have a melt down if you know what I mean. :wink:

Are you testing the water?

PS. Looks Great!!! :mrgreen:

Yeah the lights and the age of the tank is why I asked about anenomes. Go with Lando's recomendation, I picked up an anenome when my tank was about four months old and he just wasn't happy. I couldn't do anything to save him, and he fouled my whole tank! :( I finally (tank has been running for over 2 years now) just purchased a rock anenome to see how it goes. All looks well for him. Good luck!

Good looking tank, but as stated your a long way from an anemone. I added one to my tank probably to soon myself but he's a happy camper so far but my tank was over 6 months old.

anemones are bad news - when they die it spells disaster for the entire tank.
i had a Condylactis sp. die on me. it looked fine and an hour later it was splooging purple gooiness. i bastered the poor creature out of the tank and did a ~50% water change (thank GOD i had that much water mixed and sitting around) and everyone lived. that was 10 weeks ago and all is well.
RIP.

nice looking rock setup!

Please wait a WHILE for the anemone and ENSURE you have the proper lighting, lots of other cool stuff to put in the tank that you can add shortly after it cycles :D .

Jim

i am a big fan of serpent stars. they are great at cleaning up detritus (i believe you can use them INSTEAD of bluelegs IMO) and they require very little attention - just a piece of food as often as you can get to it (mine is always hungry!).
but yes, they are a good addition and mine is the base of my cleanup crew along with my cleaner shrimps.
you wont see them much at when the lights are on, but at night my serpent star makes the rounds about the tank cleaning up the substrate, rocks, and even glass!
just keep the salinity constant as could be and the sea star will flourish for years to come!

Back
Top Bottom