My new 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sara1114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!
So I just bought a 75 gallon tank yesterday and I wanted to make sure that everything I want to put in the tank is going to be okay. The main setup is going to be driftwood and live plants. The main reason I wanted to upgrade to a 75 is because I want Discus. I plan on having 2. I also want a black ghost knife, dinosaur bichir, 2 German Rams, 1 large Angel Fish, and 3 Plecos (they will not be over 6 inches).

Please let me know what else I can add. Or if any of these are not compatible.

Thank you :)

I don't know if you're going to want Pleco's with discus, they make a huge poopy mess and will likely trash the water for the discuss, what abou discuss, rams and maybe a school of something smaller??

Well the only problem with something smaller is the bichir.. He's small now but I've heard they'll eat anything they can for in their mouth. What would you suggest tho?

Don't mix the bicher with rams. Mine killed my adults. He didn't even eat them whole, he just ate their heads... And left the body floating...

Don't mix the bicher with rams. Mine killed my adults. He didn't even eat them whole, he just ate their heads... And left the body floating...

Oh that's brutal! What do you have with your bichir?

The BGK requires a much larger tank than a 75G so I'd avoid that.

Siamese algae eater and a banded leporinus much too big and fast for him to mess with. He will try bite other fish if he isn't fed enough and still might try after that. I have the hardest time feeding them too even with a turkey Baster

Back
Top Bottom