My new planted bettabitat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, we have all made mistakes! You can easily get a filter for a small tank while you wait to get your bigger one. I have even known some people to keep their bettas in 5 gallon critter keepers, with a heater, thermometer, and small filter. Fish store employees are largely uneducated about the proper care of fish...and bettas are unfortunately sold under the guise that they need minimal attention. While it is true that they are hardy, in order to thrive they must have a proper environment.

You will do just fine with some research, and don't be afraid to ask questions!

If you want a very low flow adjustable filter that's cheap and simple I recommend getting a marina slim s10

If you go without a filter just keep up on water changes. I like using Prime in the drop top little bottle...easier to measure for small tanks/bowls.

If you decide to light his bowl, cover the bowl so he can't jump out.

Your 4g will be easier to maintain after it cycles. :)

If you go without a filter just keep up on water changes. I like using Prime in the drop top little bottle...easier to measure for small tanks/bowls.

If you decide to light his bowl, cover the bowl so he can't jump out.

Your 4g will be easier to maintain after it cycles. :)

I am lighting it from the shrimp tank next to it and a light in the back. I water change every 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom