my new sump and refuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I gonna be building a refuge and a sump... I was just wondering in which order to do it all??? I'm gonna have a protein skimmer, phosphate reactor, 3 filter media areas(reborn, denitrite, and chemi-pure) along with a refuge... I will have a heater and ph tester mounted in it to.. where, not sure, any advise??? I have a 240 gallon saltwater tank and i read the bigger the better for a sump... sump size will be 72 long 18 high 18 wide... In which order do i put these items???? if someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in Advance....

skimmer/reactor in the drain-in chamber, media in the baffles leading to the return pump; refuge in the middle.

You're going to run reborn outside if a reactor?
What's denitrite? Do you mean denitrate, if so. that's what the refuge is for.

I was gonna put phos-ban inside the reactor... I'm new to this so any advise would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in Advance...

makes sense. I wouldn't do the denitrate (if that's what you meant) unless you have nitrate issues after your macro is established. I might not even run the phosphate either. With good water, a good skimmer, good feeding practices and a decent amount of fuge macro you may find that you don't need either.

This is how is was gonna set it up. main tank into skimmer pod, from skimmer pod to all the media pods then to the phosphate reactor to the refuge and then into the outlet area... heater the the refuge section... Where to put the ph probe??? in the outlet area... Just a newbie and want to get it right... i live in the middle of nowhere hour plus drive to the nearest pet store that doesn't know the first thing about saltwater fish tanks... Drives me nutz!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom