My new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slammed500

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently acquired a tank from a family friend. A 55g and stand for the incredible price of $Free.99! It didn't come with a hood, but I can deal with that.

image-2326001418.jpg

After a good bath with vinegar and water it looked beautiful!

image-1466919505.jpg

I went to Home Depot and picked up 2 25lb bags of play sand, rinsed it (what I thought was) thoroughly,

image-3746365379.jpg

and put it in the tank. A nice Substrate base. Around 1.75" deep all across.
I proceeded to fill the tank, and it did become a little cloudy.

image-1948986292.jpg

Got my filter running and mocked up the hood from my 25gal so there is a spot to hold the light fixture.
I put a few decorations in it and put my fish in. My Tiger Oscar wasn't too happy at first but now he is cruising around enjoying all the space! Will post updates and photos as the tank clears.

I moved my filter from my 25g which has been running for around 6 months on a filter rated for 60g

Oh... how I envy people who get free fish tanks from friends. :lol:

In my circle of friends, I think Im the one that people would get free fish tanks from... which doesnt do ME any good.

Looks nice though. Maybe another pic once the dust settles.

Well I had a friend of my wife give me a free 75 gal , and I busted the end out of it moving it.. So it turned into not free

Well I had a friend of my wife give me a free 75 gal , and I busted the end out of it moving it.. So it turned into not free
The last tank I got was a 29g from my brother and it shattered in my car on the way home. I was pissed!

Back
Top Bottom