My newly setup Fluval Roma 200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jondamon said:
Yeah I know he's gonna change colour over time. I can't wait to see how all of them change with time.

Jon

They are cool fish. They have great personality. They eat a lot though. Mine can swallow a whole cube of frozen worms.

Lifeoffroad said:
They are cool fish. They have great personality. They eat a lot though. Mine can swallow a whole cube of frozen worms.

Yeah I know what you mean.

I feed loads of different things lol.

I try to feed at least twice a day with varied food.

I use some tropical flake, prima sinking granules, hikari cichlid gold pellets, freeze dried Daphnia, algae multi wafers, frozen cichlid mix and then the occasional veggie too.

My fish eat a better variation of foods than I do. Lol.

Jon

jondamon said:
Yeah I know what you mean.

I feed loads of different things lol.

I try to feed at least twice a day with varied food.

I use some tropical flake, prima sinking granules, hikari cichlid gold pellets, freeze dried Daphnia, algae multi wafers, frozen cichlid mix and then the occasional veggie too.

My fish eat a better variation of foods than I do. Lol.

Jon

Yeah I hear ya! Sometimes I throw in an earthworm but half the time it never makes it past the rainbows. Lol

jondamon said:
New pics.

You can see my grasses sending out new shoots and spreading from within the substrate.

Also some new full tank shots along with my beautiful boy Bolivian ram.

I have also placed an order at my LFS for 6 Amano Shrimp to add to my tank.

Tank stats

Grasses spreading

Whole tank

My beautiful boy.

Jon

Can you tell me what type of grass that is?

jondamon said:
Sorry I do not know!!

Next time I go to the LFS that sold me my plants I will ask.

Jon

Awesome. I looks really good so i really want to know. If you even get rid of some of it, make sure to put it for sale on here :)

jondamon said:
Lol it might not survive the trip to the USA from the UK.

I'll take another pic now too so you can see it spreading.

Spreading to the back wall too.

Jon

Awww man. That's too bad. Well if you id it definitely let me know :)

Tcal01 said:
Well if you id it definitely let me know :)

I definitely will ID it for you, I will make a special trip next week once the holidays for the Queens Jubilee are over (after Tuesday).

I won't have any trouble getting an ID from the LFS I bought all my plants from as that's their speciality. PLANTS.

When I was choosing plants at their shop, I said I wanted something that didn't depend on alot of light and that didn't need much from me other than feeding and trimming. I also said to them that my wife wanted a grass and I got given one that spreads with zero effort.

The hair algae loves it though lol. I've had to trim it a few times already. All I do is cut the grass and allow it to float into my powerhead which blows it straight into my net that I hold close to the powerhead. Lol.

I've got a little bit of an imbalance in my tank at present so I'm getting hold of some Amano Shrimp to help deal with the algae I have currently. It's nothing too detrimental but mainly caused by the high phosphates in my municipal water supply. So I maybe investing in an RO system to use for my PWC's or buying RO Water from the LFS.

Jon

Some new pics folks.

First off are my tank parameters
View attachment 98418

tank shot
View attachment 98419

Under my tank
View attachment 98420
View attachment 98421

My new purchases
View attachment 98422
View attachment 98423

I have my Co2 system set at 1bps and I will leave it at this while the drop checker settles in for a day. If it stays blue I will adjust my bubble rate and wait another day.

My Nitrates are currently sitting around 10ppm. This is just after performing a 50% PWC. I plan to perform a second 50% PWC tomorrow to bring them down to 5ppm. I hadn't really let them go to 5ppm before as I've tried to maintain 10ppm as my tank is planted. However this maybe contributing to some algae in my tank that along with high phosphates and low Co2. So I have added a new bag of Sera Phosvec into my filter and added the drop checker to monitor Co2 levels and doing the 2 PWC's close together to drop Nitrates.

Jon

Update on Co2 drop checker.

Drop checker is a lovely shade of green.
View attachment 98632

Some new pics. Also a pic of the snail that's popped out to say hello. I believe these snails are pond snails. I'm using the plural term as I know there will be more somewhere in my tank. Lol. As long as I keep an eye on numbers and don't over feed the tank I think I will keep them around for a while.
View attachment 98633

View attachment 98634

View attachment 98635

View attachment 98636

View attachment 98637

View attachment 98638

Jon

jondamon said:
Update on Co2 drop checker.

Drop checker is a lovely shade of green.

Some new pics. Also a pic of the snail that's popped out to say hello. I believe these snails are pond snails. I'm using the plural term as I know there will be more somewhere in my tank. Lol. As long as I keep an eye on numbers and don't over feed the tank I think I will keep them around for a while.

Jon

Tank is looking beautiful! Very nice!

Is it mounted in the wall?

It's flower patterned wallpaper. Lol.

You see my tank is located at the very top of my stairs.

Jon

Just picked up my final additions to the tank.

6 Amano Shrimp.

Also for those that wanted to know here is the name of the grasses that I have in my tank.

Echinodorus tenellus

Jon

jondamon said:
It's flower patterned wallpaper. Lol.

You see my tank is located at the very top of my stairs.

Jon

Hahaha. Im just messing with ya. That's a cool idea. I have a 30 gal I should put at the top of my stairs.

Lifeoffroad said:
Hahaha. Im just messing with ya. That's a cool idea. I have a 30 gal I should put at the top of my stairs.

No worries. Lol. I kinda figured that was the case.

Like I tell people "my mrs picks the decoration and i do the decorating. "

It's easier with less hassle. Lol.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom