My piranhas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I plan to do plants and rocks. Anything above two they can school.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes I plan to do plants and rocks. Anything above two they can school.

Oh ok I just read somewhere at some point in time that they need schools of 6 or something. Just checking c:

Most experienced keepers of shoaling species will confirm that a single Pygocentrus will not be a lot of fun, not only because it is likely to remain shy and reclusive throughout its entire life and will hide all day except during feeding time, but also because it will show little to no natural behavior whatsoever. Two fish will also result in failure most of the time, because eventually they will turn against each other trying to establish dominance, and will often fight until one is killed. Even though there are exceptions to this, most piranha keepers will recommend three or more Pygocentrus. But there are no iron laws when it comes to keeping piranha's, which is demonstrated by various reports from Pygocentrus-owners: some recommend far more than 100 liters per fish, and others keep 8 or 10 healthy adult Redbellies in a 100 gallon (400 liter) tank... Important to remember is this: if your tank is cramped, you can expect stressed and unhealthy fish, and probably some casualties as well, due to disease and stress, aggression and territorial disputes. The more tank space your fish will have, the more comfortable and lively they will be. And piranha's, no matter what size or species, look best in a very large and natural looking tank to begin with.

Oh ok thank you for the info. Very informative and helpful. How big is your tank?

Thank you

Oh ok thank you for the info. Very informative and helpful. How big is your tank?

It's 100 gallons 5 ft tank

That's kind of weak man.. you could definitely do better, how can you say they're not shy if they have no where to hide??
(Disclaimer. .. you posted the video, i did not search the video)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

[UOTE=Brookster123;3088535]That's kind of weak man.. you could definitely do better, how can you say they're not shy if they have no where to hide??
(Disclaimer. .. you posted the video, i did not search the video)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE]

Hey no problem if you look at the last video with the feeding those were the decorations I had for them I've already re added those and plan on adding more rock work. These guys when I got them in the old tank would not come out at all and now they come close all the time. That was what I was referring to. I know these guys like cover but I filmed as soon as I got them in there. It was all short notice from moving out and into my new house. By no means did I mean they are shy unless I remove all the cover.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom