My plan for my 55 gallon..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I bought 40 pounds of black sand for my 55 gallon tank, and was going to pick up a second 20 pound bag today at another store since my store ran out... But I went and picked up a 20 pound bag of Eco-Complete for freshwater aquariums instead to mix with the sand. I was pleasantly surprised, too, since I only paid $28 for it, and I've seen it for much more expensive.

I have 'low lighting' in my tank... So I am thinking anubias, wisteria, and java ferns. The person I spoke to told me those were pretty hardy, low light plants. As far as fert. goes... He suggested doing Flourish plant food about once a week.

Any other suggestions or tips?

Sounds exactly like what i have done, but for my 40 gallon! The gravel looks good and the plant choices are good too. I dose flourish and an iron supplemrnt. What are your questions? Whats your idea as far as stocking?

I've actually had the tank up and running for more than a year... It was my husbands tank that he sort of lost interest in, so I've taken it over. I want to redo it because I don't like how sparse and thrown together it is.

Its a semi aggressive tank... 5 tiger barbs, 1 gold gourami, 1 african brown knife, and 1 hi fin pleco.

Talvari said:
I've actually had the tank up and running for more than a year... It was my husbands tank that he sort of lost interest in, so I've taken it over. I want to redo it because I don't like how sparse and thrown together it is.

Its a semi aggressive tank... 5 tiger barbs, 1 gold gourami, 1 african brown knife, and 1 hi fin pleco.

Oh you already have these fish?

Oh cool! Is it going to be densly planted? Lo tec? Whats your lighting?

Im not going to be doing all live plants because this will be my first foray into a planted tank world and I want to start slow. My current plan is to have black sand... Tall, darker green plastic plants in the back with a center piece of a lighter green one. Towards the front right and left, some brighter "natural" colored plastic plants... then the front planted. For the center of the tank, I have an aquarium decoration in the shape of a root or maybe an odd shaped piece of wood. Whatever it is... my knife loves to hide in it.

This is my tank set up now...

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/atta...606455_0_d94fcf9fa6841c224538345163a71ed8.jpg
img_1606455_0_d94fcf9fa6841c224538345163a71ed8.jpg

And this is what I want to turn it into... Dont mind the poor drawing, its just a sketch!

img_1606455_1_0099b3778cfeabfc4ad5c3ac8b4525ec.jpg

Talvari said:
Im not going to be doing all live plants because this will be my first foray into a planted tank world and I want to start slow. My current plan is to have black sand... Tall, darker green plastic plants in the back with a center piece of a lighter green one. Towards the front right and left, some brighter "natural" colored plastic plants... then the front planted. For the center of the tank, I have an aquarium decoration in the shape of a root or maybe an odd shaped piece of wood. Whatever it is... my knife loves to hide in it.

This is my tank set up now...

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad242/White_Wolf88/fulltank.jpg?t=1318163356

And this is what I want to turn it into... Dont mind the poor drawing, its just a sketch!

I like the ideas! But really, plants are easy!! You could have tons of lo light plants withoit even upgrading bulbs! Hornwort grows fast, is super easy to care for, and will achieve the look your going for! Java fern grows slow, is very hardy and looks great too..you have the eco complete, buy some flourish and boom you have a live tank. I like the tank regardless, and you have skills as an artist!!! Haha :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom