My Planted Shrimp Tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet tank.

Your glass catfish look a little jumpy. They would probably be happier if you had some floating plants that they could swim in place under.

It might be good to note that the 2 strains of shrimp that you have will crossbreed and very likely make some very plainly colored shrimp.

Excellent looking tank though, it's nice to see the plants and shrimp doing soo well.

Sweet tank.

Your glass catfish look a little jumpy. They would probably be happier if you had some floating plants that they could swim in place under.
Yes you are right. I already rectified my mistake. They were very timid as well don't know why. I put them in my 50 gallon along with existing glass catfish. Now they are 7 and happy and all together.
It might be good to note that the 2 strains of shrimp that you have will crossbreed and very likely make some very plainly colored shrimp.

Excellent looking tank though, it's nice to see the plants and shrimp doing soo well.
I think this situation everyone face who has different colors of shrimps in same tank. I don't mind them cross breeding.

Thanks for liking the tank.

I think this situation everyone face who has different colors of shrimps in same tank. I don't mind them cross breeding.

Thanks for liking the tank.

You're welcome!

Most people that want to mix shrimp in a tank use 2 different types. Typically one of the non red colors such as your yellows (Neocaridina) and a Crystal red shrimp (Caridina) Being different species rather than a color variation means they are unable to mate and interbreed.

Crystal Red Shrimp for Reference
Crystal-Red-Shrimp-5_1024x1024.jpg

Then again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing them to interbreed. You could very likely get some interesting color combinations. Only time will tell.

You're welcome!

Most people that want to mix shrimp in a tank use 2 different types. Typically one of the non red colors such as your yellows (Neocaridina) and a Crystal red shrimp (Caridina) Being different species rather than a color variation means they are unable to mate and interbreed.

Crystal Red Shrimp for Reference
Crystal-Red-Shrimp-5_1024x1024.jpg

Then again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing them to interbreed. You could very likely get some interesting color combinations. Only time will tell.
Thanks. Yes will see. Today I am getting crystal black and crystal red shrimps. Let's see.

I got my Shrimps and slowly acclimating them. I bought A grade and not the SSS. They had those too but I personally like more strips than more white coverage area. Maybe I am different lol.

https://youtu.be/2wbSSHDGhzg

Back
Top Bottom