My plants are floating!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjsans

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a beautiful heavily planted 125 gallon tank that my son set up for me, but he used unrooted plants and my very large Plecostomus is now digging up my plants. I need to get the soil potted-type plants and just sink them into the sand, making it more difficult for him/her to uproot everything. Anyone know of a good plant source that I can order from? I need something for very hard water. It doesn't need to be exotic. The Hornwort is doing very well, but half are floating around. I realize that this can be a natural floating plant, but it takes away from the overall look of my planted seascape, not to mention messing up my power heads.

:thanks: I so appreciate your input.

Check Aquabid. The sellers offer a ton of different plants. Or just google live aquarium plants. You will find lots of offerings.

BTW, I am using the Macro-Micro you suggested. Just to make sure I'm doing things right, I am using 12.5 ml of each to the tank every morning and turning on the lights ~1 hour after. Now, how many hours do I leave the lights on? I just have the regular aquarium lighting for a 125 gal. tank. Nothing special.

Use plant anchors to keep them down.

I think these are the greatest thing since sliced bread. My goldfish couldn't rip my vals out of the gravel.

You can cut the slit in the middle to fit the size of the plant or plants you pull through it.

Join the club! I've had floaters for weeks after I planted. It just calmed down now...the anchors area great idea I have them just in case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom