My tank and stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Walkbreathe

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my 17g tank, current stock is 6 neons, 4 otos and a betta. I was just wondering what everyone thought and what would be a good addition, as in can live with the betta. Hopefully looking for a particulary striking fish if possible.
Any help greatly appreciated.

image-4164417444.jpg

For one, I love the aquascaping! As for some fish, have you tried endlers? I love mine and they're constantly zipping around my tank! Also cories for the bottom:) Either PYMGY/DWARF or PANDA cories for that tank (sorry for caps, but well there a tons of cories out there and don't want you being confused:D). Other types could include CPDs, chili rasboras, harlequin rasboras, and that's about all I can think of currently. Lastly what are those light colored plants in the front? I love them!

I believe the light coloured plants at the front are rotala wallichii, that's what they were sold as anyways. What are CPDS? sorry I'm pretty new to this hobby.

I believe the light coloured plants at the front are rotala wallichii, that's what they were sold as anyways. What are CPDS? sorry I'm pretty new to this hobby.
cpd= Celestial Pearl Danios. They are one of several species that considered nano fish. I agree that a few corys would be good. Since you already have a betta, you probably do not want another centerpiece fish. All I can personally suggest to you would be another small schooler like the fish AquaKai suggested or ember tetras. Embers are quite lovely when they are happy and colored up. Kuhli loaches are another option.

Thanks for both of yours help. What numbers would you suggest? ie how many corys or harlequins for example?

Cories I wouldn't do less than 4 but for their happiness do about 6 of them that would make a very happy school! As for harlequins how about 7 of them. I think that those additions would fill the tank up very nicely and have fish on all levels:)

Do you both mean I have room for both corys and rasboras? Or just 1 group? I was only thinking I had space for 1 group due to the otos large amount of waste

Ahhh cool thanks a lot. I'm liking the look on the panda corys will have to see what my lfs has in stock.

sorry to intrude...but how do you post your question on here? Im banging my head on the wall trying to figure this out.

I like the look of them too, but they're so expensive around here! I have some peppered, and am getting dwarves. Also, no problem with the help, just post pictures;)

I'll certainty post pictures when I do them. Am not sure how much corys are over here tbh so will hopefully find out ina few days.

sorry to intrude...but how do you post your question on here? Im banging my head on the wall trying to figure this out.

Try going to the home page, click on one of the topics (ex. freshwater: breeding) and at the top of that page there should be a button that says: start new thread. Click on that and type away! We'll all be able to help! And welcome!:thanks:

Hope you find the pandas! And good luck!

Finally went to my lfs and loved the look of julii's so decided to pick 4 of them up. My lfs also had some giant corys in just wondered how big do they grow? I've never seen them there before.

Finally went to my lfs and loved the look of julii's so decided to pick 4 of them up. My lfs also had some giant corys in just wondered how big do they grow? I've never seen them there before.
The species was called a giant cory? I have not personally heard of those. Google, here I come!

Back
Top Bottom