My tank in your hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Podank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
By suggestions on a cheap planted tank build and fish load out

Agreed- Need to know size of tank. But plants are the best thing you could ever do to start an aquarium. I don't understand why everyone doesn't have at least java ferns- those live in any light or water condition.

20g glass tank. Got a 100w heater and a whisper 20 filter

What type of light?

20 gallon has all sorts of options. There are so many small dwarf species that you can have tons of fish.

What are your thoughts- just a few pretty fish? Schooling fish? 20 gallons can Support some shoals that take less room.

Shoals would be cool. But preferably hardy fish.

If it were my tank, I'd go with 4-6 fancy guppies up top, 8 danios in the middle, and 4-6 small cories on the bottom. Toss a couple amano shrimp in, a nerite snail or two (or Malaysian trumpet snails if you don't mind snails), plant that bad boy moderately with pool filter sand on top of garden soil, and call it a day. You aren't even out $50 :D

Nano fish would make the tank look larger than it is. Ember tetras! Pygmy cories! And a school of small rainbowfish, like gertrudae.

Are rosy red minnows or other kinds of minnows good?

Back
Top Bottom