My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_street___

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I got a 55 gallon tank with 2 green Texas , 2 JD's , 2 clown loaches , A Convict , A red jewel , A green Terror , and a black fin catshark all juveniles none over 3 inches. I'm planning on getting rid of the catfish once it gets too crowded and I haven't decided if I'll get a bigger tank or get rid of most my fish. All my chemicals are in balanced and all the fish get along pretty well. Pics coming soon

I don't want to sound preachy, but your tank is way too small for what you have stocked. The Texas, JDs, clown loaches, and green terror will all get fairly large. IMO, the Texas cichlids and Green Terror will get too large for a 55g, even if they were the only fish in the tank. Clown loaches prefer larger groups than 2 individuals, and will overpopulate a small tank quickly. Not sure what you mean by "black-fin cat-shark" but I suspect it may be a Bala shark, which also get large, and prefer groups.
My advice, if you want to keep your current stock list, is to upgrade to AT LEAST a 120g tank, with larger being better. If you don't plan to upgrade any time soon, you could keep the Jack Dempsey's and the convict, and rehome the rest.
The jewel is an African river cichlid, and really shouldn't be in the same tank with your C Amer cichlids.

^^^^+1^^^^
Not preachy ,just good straight info.
D you have set your tank up to be nothing but trouble for you IMO.
Disease is often common in overstocked and stressed tanks..
Get your stocking fixed before it fixes itself...

In my post I said I would be getting a bigger tank or getting rid of did

Back
Top Bottom