My turret

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Full tank shot just set up new LEDs few things left to do but almost there :)

Attachments

• image-3197711001.jpg
    image-3197711001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 122
Shane0f said:
My turret coral very unique :)

That's a very cool coral! Is that related to a sun coral cuz it looks similar (not shape-wise though). lol. DO you have to feed it?

I was told turret they do look pretty similar to sun coral. There isn't a lot of info about them so not sure exactly. Ive never seen it take any food

That's a relative of the sun coral and you're gonna have to feed it or it will die. They don't do photosynthesis. It won't catch food, you need to drop the food (mysis, cyclopeeze, etc) onto each of those polyps. The polyps will close up slowly when it feels food dropped onto it. I have a sun coral, feed it every 2-3 days. but you can only feed it when those lighter colored "arm"-type things are out. It is beautiful though!!

I've read try feeding it at night and eventually it will get trained to extend polyps during the day for food.

I'm currently trying to train mine to come out during day. If you feed it at the same time every day, it should come out at that time. (or so I'm told) mine is kinda catching on, but it's a slow process. When you want to feed it, take some of the juice from the food and spray it over the closed polyps with a turkey Baster. Then wait a little bit, cuz they come out slowly. Hopefully the smell will make them come out, then you can feed it. otherwise, they only come out after lights out. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom