My two main Tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plant0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I guess I might make this a journal type thing. I'm not sure but I'll try! These are my two tanks! The first is a 20 gallon high over wintering a black moor for the time being, and the second is a small tropical planted tank! I would like to apologize for the lower quality pictures because I took them with my phone. If you would like to follow these tanks more closely than what I will post on here I have created an instagram for them (@_aquarium__) feel free to reply and comment, all advice is welcome THANK YOU in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1449096125630.jpg
    1449096125630.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1449096210690.jpg
    1449096210690.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 103
I'll follow along! So you're wintering the black more? Where does he stay in better weather?

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll follow along! So you're wintering the black more? Where does he stay in better weather?

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He stays in a small outdoor garden pond with a water volume of around 100 gallons. In addition to these tanks I have a saltwater tank in the making and a 55 with an Oscar in it!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452438012.173986.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452438031.707777.jpg
Hey! It's been a while but I'm back! I would have posted earlier but we went on a two week mission trip and things were a little hectic. The tanks have defiantly changed a lot, the 10 gallon has a ton of algae so I finally hooked up the co2 last night and I'm hoping everything will rapidly change. The 20 gallon has gotten a lot fuller and will be getting a small school of ottos soon ? sorry for the bad photos I'll try to get better ones with coming updates! (I'm also going to work on getting rid of all the algae it really spiked when I was gone)
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks good! What's the current stock in that tank other than a betta?

Right now the 20 only has the betta and 2 Pygmy corys until I can get a few more

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453212216.076556.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453212237.863635.jpg
So big update! The tank is going at a much faster pace with the DIY Co2. I have an algae attack going on right now, but I'm going to start cutting the light to 7-8 hours to help get rid of it. I have read that cutting the light and hand removal are key to getting rid of most algae problems. I have new plants coming in soon so this tank will be rapidly changing in the weeks to come!

Cut the light to 8 hours with a "break" between photoperiods (4 hours on, 4 off, 4 on), remove the worst sections and toss them, and spot treat the rest with hydrogen peroxide.

Cut the light to 8 hours with a "break" between photoperiods (4 hours on, 4 off, 4 on), remove the worst sections and toss them, and spot treat the rest with hydrogen peroxide.

Thank you that's a fantastic idea!

Thank you cali, coralbandit, and ziggy!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453307565.791597.jpg another update! I scrubbed the algae off the driftwood and it made a HUGE difference! I love seeing the changes in my tanks from time to time! This tank just keeps getting better and better.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454559342.968916.jpg the tanks really growing into something that i enjoy! Co2 works WONDERS! The 20 gallon has been taken down and created into a crested gecko habitat ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454559408.424897.jpg thanks for checking in!

Back
Top Bottom