my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahh hes absolutely beautiful.. i mean i love my triggers but seeing him in my tank..my own personal tank...love it:) only bad part is im gonna be leaving right after actually releasing him into the tank

well came home from work just now and my lion is down behind my scaping in the "tunnel", idk if its just me being overly worried but whats the chances of him getting stuck? ive never really heard of them being prone to getting stuck but im just worriedd:(

whew crisis averted:) my lion came out and is now currently swimming straight up and down in the corner...extremely weird swimming habits for a fish lol

apparently they are smart enough to not get stuck..but the general everyday swimming habits are strange..i mean they will spend hours upon hours swimming completely vertical..either head up or down

theres one of him in his daily swimming routine.. his body turned that inky black but hes gradually turning back...hopefully he gains his true black coloring back.
205996_181721765228979_100001734711521_453161_3061792_n.jpg

***EDIT**** tried getting a pic of him eating..yeah not gonna happen..wayyy too fast

OMG I'm so jealous now I want one for myself. I'm considering buying a dwarf for my reef. I heard they dont eat corals only little fish which I don't have so that's a plus. But thts just a thought soo

my lfs just got a shipment of FDL's in today and wow, for some reason ive never really been a fan of them but these ones were gorgeous.. and volitans dont eat coral but gotta keep in mind that they will get every bit of 10-12 inches in size and they have no problem swallowing fish whole.. i wonder if a Volitan would eat a fdl?? hmmm

Yep I kno they get that size. Thts why I might get a Dwarf Lionfish that only get 10" which should be fine in a 75.

Here's 2 pics of him out swimming in the open
281457_183821198352369_100001734711521_458519_5943130_n.jpg

***EDIT*** i just noticed that the only fish missing from this pic is my engineer goby... quite awesome to have the majority in the pic

Getting mines today. Since I'm planning on a simple 120 FOWLR within 8 months a 75 should do as he'll prolly be bout 8" by that time Decided to go with the dwarf.

dwarfs arent a bad choice at all, if i was dealing with a smaller tank id def get one, but obviously the volitans have a special spot in my heart lol

I just came back from the LFS and they had the cutest one ever. I'm picking him up tomorrow as they said he just arrived so they don't want him to die on me cuz of stress.

i can understand why they are called dwarfs but at the same time i cant...they grow up to 7" long..not exactly dwarf like

Back
Top Bottom