my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just thought of something..even if they could manage a dwarf great white...itd still be several feet long lol

i know that ive been tossing out some ideas and upgrade plans like crazy, (ive been getting ahead of myself) but i spent the past 2 days looking into the Hiatt system. (including the "right-now" bacteria and carbon pellets) to help rid my tank of its mild trate problem.. i dont have a probem spending 6 bucks a bottle for the bacteria, but i need roughly 20lbs of carbon (according to the Hiatt site) and i refuse to pay upwards of 120 bucks for the carbon pellets. which leads me to my question, would replacing my dsb in my refugium with the 20lbs of carbon have ill effects on my tank.. i know i still have to do pwc's to replenish trace elements..just really want my trates to stay at 0.

nerite snails are a no go... i currently have 2 triggers and another one coming, along with a puffer...

im gonna give it a try, i just remembered that i have 2 blue-legged crabs that the triggers dont even bother

Now trying to decide if our final fish is gonna be a yellow tang,blue hippo, or another trigger

Get a large trigger, a queen trigger, a Koran angelfish, or a Yellow tang. The hippo tang isnt aggressive so it shouldn't be with others that may attack because of territory

Don't wanna do a queen trigger..although id really love to. they just get too big.. been looking at an insulated trigger or blue jaw trigger..can't decide:(

Haven't seen a blue line, gonna research it now. And its funny you mention the clown trigger because before we purchased our picasso, it was down to either the clown or picasso and the clown at my lfs looked sick so we went with the picasso. The clown would work out good too because he's a bright yellow, would add some much needed color to our tank

Back
Top Bottom