my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ricksreef said:
What tank are you putting a lion fish in?Plus,I thought you were moving shortly.

I am. 10g QT tank. Setting up 180 after thanksgiving. It was a **** of I deal, couldn't pass it up. 25 for it. Looked at it earlier. It's about 3".

Kio707 said:
I am. 10g QT tank. Setting up 180 after thanksgiving. It was a **** of I deal, couldn't pass it up. 25 for it. Looked at it earlier. It's about 3".

So 180 is FOWLR predator tank.

Ricksreef said:
So 180 is FOWLR predator tank.

Not all predator, but FOWLR. It'll have tangs, tusk, and triggers. Along with a maroon clown. It'll be semi-aggressive.

Kio707 said:
Not all predator, but FOWLR. It'll have tangs, tusk, and triggers. Along with a maroon clown. It'll be semi-aggressive.

So you'll have a 180 and the 90 gallon reef to,and a new house with a great view.Man that's living the good life.I' m jealous.LOL

kurtyboh said:
Just sayin, must be roughhaving all your dreams come true. Lol

Yeah... Life is hard. But after all the bs I had to go through to get here makes it all worth it.

voliatan. Called saltwaterfish and talked to the representative, told her I was in the Army, was originally 34.99. She gave me a discount as long as I bought the special of the day (ORA random coral). So, I did.

Will have to keep them in mind when we get to the states.

It cost dfs almost 100 bucks just to send me the nanocube, i had a ton if other stuff. It ended up being in 6 boxes true to their word no shipping charge.

Amazing deal Kio! I paid 45 for mine and the guy even fed him right in front of me. Best investment yet

huma-huma said:
Amazing deal Kio! I paid 45 for mine and the guy even fed him right in front of me. Best investment yet

Now tell me everything I need to know about this guy... Lol... What to expect? How to handle? Easiest way to feed? Etc. Could really use ur advice.

Lol here goes.. for the first 5-7 days, don't expect him to be out much (scared) DO NOT handle him, I've seen some nasty aftermath of a volitan sting. Once he gets comfortable, he will swim out in the open, usually in open water and he will even "fan" out. Be ready for some weird swimming style though, he'll swim sideways, upside down, straight up and down. And to prob my favorite part, feeding. Lions are gulpers, they swallow their food whole, then use muscles to crush/puree the food. That being said, they need fed just 2-3 times a week, perhaps 4 while growing but that's circumstantial. And please don't make the same mistake I did, its better to feed him two smaller chunks rather than 1 large chunk. (They are prone to choking and gastrointestinal infections), food should be varied I use sallys frozen silversides as a base, then a live food every once in a awhile. Do not feed him rosy red minnows as a permanent food, it'll cause premature death at some point.

Back
Top Bottom