my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And as a last addition, when you feed, its recommended to use an acrylic feeding stick, which works great for weakly them onto prepared food, but once he's trained, which isn't hard at all, you can drop the silverside in wining 6 inches of him and he will gulp it:) sorry if the answers a lil long, as you can see the lions are my favorite fish and I get it excited talking about them lol

coffeetwitch said:
What do you use as live food?

I use rosy red minnows, but I must state again they are not to be used as a base food for lions. As for the frozen food, you have to thaw it out because if not, the lion could possibly hurt itself trying to crush frozen food. Since I have two triggers and a tang, I have to be creative. I distract the fast fish on one end all while my lion waits at the other end about 3 inches below water, then I simply drop the food in right in front of him... the rest is history

Ohh and another point that is worth mentioning is lions are predatory fish, therefore they are designed to reach adult size and mass fast. for some reason im a little cloudy on this aspect but I believe that they reach near adult size in roughly 15 months and then top out around 20 months. Also don't get too comfortable with his long beautiful fans... they don't grow proportionant to their body. As adult their fans are shorter and more filled out, not really wavy. Ought the one thing I forgot, once you get this beautiful fish, keep in mind he will prob be a 12-15 inch gulping trash compactor... his tank mates are gonna need to be big enough not to get gulped.. percula or ocellaris clowns, for example, just wont make it with a full size volitan.

Apparently asking offtopic questions is forbidden... sometimes I feel like this site is a bit too over anxious with the policing...

Yeah I got in a lot of trouble with needmorecowbell and gboy for getting off topic. They got really mad at us.

It was on his build thread and he didn't have any updates, were all the same age so the 4 of us kinda started chatting.

Yeah it was a bad day... A few minutes after that my iPhone auto corrected me and threw in a swear word. I almost got an infraction but I explained that my iPhone was being stupid. Eeep. Haha I'm REALLY careful now.

huma-huma said:
Apparently asking offtopic questions is forbidden... sometimes I feel like this site is a bit too over anxious with the policing...

U got in trouble?

Well the mod did tell me that the classifieds are more closely watched because of past issues... I think build threads are a bit more relaxed, we all remember the random topics that come up lol

Back
Top Bottom