Myrtles winter tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vicdad999999

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is Myrtle, we've had her about 16 years. Got her a little bit after my youngest was born in 96. We used to house her in a 55 gallon, but the basking dock she launched herself off of slammed the side of the tank and shattered it. So we went with a rubbermaid tub for awhile. She now resides in this in the winter, (in my man cave/office) and then when the warmer weather comes and I move all the tanks and her into garage, theres a 2 man jacuzzi tub that I throw a pond liner in and she gets that till about aug/sept depending on weather. But just cleaned this out today, as it wasnt to bad outside. She hides when I put her in as she spends a few hours in a 40 breeder while I clean this and develops an attitude. The 40 breeder believe it or not is not enough space for her. maybe thats why she gets all testy. Usually you can put your hand in and she'll climb right on and take food out of your hand always at the front when people come over, very personable. Figured id share, nothing to fancy its with an old cell phone. oh, and thats reptomin floating by and pieces of old plant that have finally died off. There is a uvb lamp above and the large plant pot is heated with a heat lamp above (her basking area she spends all her sleeping time on) I took out so i could film as it was blocking and making the video way too bright. And thats a 42 inch radius kiddy pool, was like 8 bucks been fine for the last 6 years or so, just fading in color. and a supreme ovation-1000 submersible power jet filter.

Just a little shy of 10 inches on the carapace. That pot top is 10 inches across and she just about fills it when shes basking on it

Back
Top Bottom