Mysterious Cotton Growth on black moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bitner24

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello y'all I'm a newbie on the site. My black moor came down with ick about 4 days ago I treated the tank with medication leaving the carbon filter and noticing he did not get 100% better in 2 days, I took the carbon filter out and retreated the tank with ick medicine along with a little primafix, not the full dosage. I was told by manager Petland too much medication could stress the fish out.

This black moor "bother" got saved out of 20 plus fish shipment to Petland all of them were sick so manager flushed all black moors, i purchesed Bitner prior day along with a redcap oranda the red caps got sick treated tank but died two days later.:angel: RIP

But the black moor never caught ick and still living for the past 3 months added another red cap month ago and they both are perfect!!!

until a week ago I purchased a 2 inch common pleco which the lady at Petland said he was healthy I brought him home and noticed he was comming down with ick!!
My blsck moor was standoff-ish, one day goes by fine..folllwing day within 4 hours i notice my blsck moor has chunk of side missing!!! He must have came in contact with pleco since there is nothing else in my tank but plant. I return the pleco since I saw goldfish shouldn't be with plecos anyway!!!!! I than noticed following day black moor got sick!!!! I treated as I read above.

This is the first full day the bluff more does not have it but I notice overnight he got a lot more cotton growth on him at first I noticed the cotton growth on the bottom of the tank after I got rid of the pleco maybe from algae tablets I'm not sure maybe you can help!!!

Black moor still eating but just sits on top of corner most of day. Used to swim all day long. The red cap oranda looks fine thank god.

Hey i have a new thread ... Black Moor problem...please help

Can you help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi he has a fungus infection a secondary infection caused from the open wound to his side.I would do a large water change to get rid of any other medications in the water if showing the all clear for ick. Ick is common when you add a new tank mate as it stresses the current fish in the tank out. I would buy an anti fungus treatment from the petshop and treat asap. After that use melafix it will help heal the wound also check the bottle as i think it treats some fungus infections too. It is a natural ingredient so less harmful to the fish and helps wounds heal quicker and kills of bacteria to help avoid infection. If you can quarritine new tankmates for about 2 weeks

Hey thanks for your help!! But this was an old post. My new post subject is black moor problem.. Please help

Why did you start two diffrent threads? If he has "cottony" growth thats fungus/mold sparogeila not ick. A few google searches will work wonders, if you just want random peoples opinions, your gonna get alot of bad advice. There are 3-4 medications in the fish hobby that will kill fungus and are readily avalible in the united states, they are:
Methylene Blue
Rid Ich Plus (malachite/formalin)
Furan-2
Primafix
I must say however, If you just want random answers from other noobs, you must accept that you'll be given alot of bad advice, better to just search stuff yourself. If your not sure if its ick or fungus, you have alot of learning to do, but i would go with the Rid ich plus.

I started two threads BC one was a month ago when he add ich. That I treated. Now something new

This was him yesterday... Now he is sitting in bottom all day after given peas

The red cap oranda is sitting still too

Attachments

• 1413507659132.jpg
    1413507659132.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 1413507674300.jpg
    1413507674300.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts