Mysterious disappearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this sounds weird but if something landed on the top of the water that your fish thought was food could also of been why it jumped. I have to be really careful leaving the lid up on some of my tanks cuz my fish get excited about dinner and they will breach the top of the tank:)

Guys....

I really don't understand this.
One of my rasboras gone, one fully grown shrimp dead and its body half sucked into the filter (heads gone, tail gone, only legs and part of its body)

So far...
1 neon jumped out and died
One shrimp eaten and sucked into filter
Rasbora disappeared
Rummy (over an inch) disappeared

Never had anything died in the past few weeks so its too strange it all happened in the last two, there says. It has nothing to do with cycling because this tanks been set up for a long time.

Let me attach a picture of my pink fish that might be a bully. It's constantly swimming around like a shark.

Attachments

• image-1714206076.jpg
    image-1714206076.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1140516145.jpg
    image-1140516145.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 57
Guys....

I really don't understand this.
One of my rasboras gone, one fully grown shrimp dead and its body half sucked into the filter (heads gone, tail gone, only legs and part of its body)

So far...
1 neon jumped out and died
One shrimp eaten and sucked into filter
Rasbora disappeared
Rummy (over an inch) disappeared

Never had anything died in the past few weeks so its too strange it all happened in the last two, there says. It has nothing to do with cycling because this tanks been set up for a long time.

Let me attach a picture of my pink fish that might be a bully. It's constantly swimming around like a shark.
What's you're exact stock before and after?

I agree with you guys
I think 3 rasboras too small of a school

I think the pink fish are danios. Highly active and can bully other fish, especially slower moving fish. I'd remove them if possible and see if the carnage stops.

Danios? Okay...well I don't like them so much now. Since my fish and shrimps were healthy, I feel like danios attacked these poor fish and devoured them alive.

Btw would the same type of fish from different fish stores get along fine?

I might get 3 or 4 more rasboras

I think your tank is very beautiful however I don't see many hiding places or vertical foliage to provide visual dividers for territory. My neons avoid the chasing and flares of my single male Betta by diving into jungle Val and crypts that slow him down.

Thanks marsh!

And you're right, not many hiding places. I planted this tree like thing on the right but tummies are hiding under it because my tanks too bright for them.

I might consider planting a tall plant in the corner, thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom