Mystery Aequidens sp. continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was finally able to get some updated pics of a mystery fish I purchased a few weeks ago from my LFS. It came in as a hitchhiker in a shipment of wild mikrogeophagus ramirezi from the Orinoco river in Colombia. Well it's been some time and the little guy (or gal) is growing like a weed and really coloring up. HUKIT, cbourg, 5x5, Garfy, Aski, asking you guys specifically, but obviously anyone is able to chime in. Thanks everyone! *ignore that last pic, won't let me delete*

image-2540753890.jpg

image-696968336.jpg

Attachments

• image-2784567877.jpg
    image-2784567877.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 85
I'm 95% sure it's a metae, especially with that yellow starting to show in spots.

On a separate but sort of related note, my krobia is starting to get the orange :D, unfortunately there's only one left from problems in shipping and odd conspecific aggression

I was thinking about andinoacara latifrons initially but they have a good deal of gold spangling.

Yeah, it's close, but that gold Spanglish seems to be consistent throughout A. latifrons, I think I'd rather it be a metae anyway lol, much cooler fish in my opinion, either way, I don't think it was a bad grab for $10 ;)

Back
Top Bottom