Mystery Coral, ID maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benton613

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, i purchased a couple pieces of coral online and one of the options was a mystery coral for the adventorous. Well i guess i fall in to that category because i bought it and now have no idea what it is. I looked on the site for something similar with no luck. any ideas? thanks

Attachments

• MysteryCoral1.jpg
    MysteryCoral1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 47
  • MysterCoral2.jpg
    MysterCoral2.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 50
i got an AquaLight double linear strip with 2-65 watt Actinic Blue & 2-65 watt 10,000K flourescent lamps

i put this green star in there same time it just starting to be not so pissed :wave:

Attachments

• green star.jpg
    green star.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 46
i got an AquaLight double linear strip with 2-65 watt Actinic Blue & 2-65 watt 10,000K flourescent lamps
Tank size ? I am going to guess this is not nearly enough for this coral they tend to like higher light values ;)

55 gallon, i just read on a site the trees could take 2-3 weeks to acclimate to light with metal halide?

yes but the lighting you have is not going to be enough you will want t5s or even pc for them which is a bit stronger than NO lights

right on guess i'll pick up some of that, $15 coral getting me $300+ light fixture, (y)

A 55 gallon can use just a viper in addition to your existing lights I think.

But in the end a t5 retro will open the doors for you for other corals in addition to your tree.

i didn't mean it like that, i want the coral to flourish, it was a "random" like i posted. thanks for the help, i got money i'll buy a new light, lfs did me wrong, hopefully the tree makes a rebound cause i like where i just placed it, excited to see what it turns out to look like. just didn't know what it was or what it needed. it will help my others tooo!

Back
Top Bottom