Mystery Cory (included picture - need help identifying)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a variety of Cory I can't really identify.

This little fella here:
img_506848_0_ffc385a3d1d6536747cc648fd56c882e.jpg

I also have 3 of these (the one in the foreground), and they appear to be Julii's...

img_506848_1_f322033958191685504fb6fb4aa9e503.jpg

They were sold under the same name from the same tank, but clearly they are a different species....not just the markings are different, but even their bodies are slightly different (the first has a more outward pointing mouth whereas the second has a more downward pointing mouth, etc).

Any help identifying these guys would be greatly appreciated :) I'm fairly sure the second is a Julii, but I'm really not firmiliar enough with Cories to know for a fact.

I have 3 of each variety btw - considering getting them each another buddy (bringing them up to 4 each) if I can find the exact species. They DO seem to all hang together the vast majority of the time however.

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, when I went to the LFS looking for corys, I pointed out some Julii's to the worker. They scooped me some schwarzii's. I was mad when I discovered it. lol

Thanks guys :)

Yea, these little guys are awesome....Even though I have 3 of one kind and 3 of the other (at least both kinds have *some* buddies, I was hoping to get 6 of one species), they do all 6 hang out together and swim together the vast majority of the time. They have explorered every nook and cranny in the tank many times over every day haha :)

I'm almost afraid they are going to wear themselves out they are so active. They almost never seem to take a break.

I'm going to get some black phantom tetras I think - then hopefully be able to get each of those Cory species 1 more friend to bring them up to 4 each.

Not sure yet if my aquarium can handle that or not yet....but going to take it slow and see how things go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom