Mystery Hitch Hiker Snail ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney6980

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well on the last load of Manando LR from premium aquatics, this little bugar hitched a ride home with me, and I've been trying to find out what it might be, but am having no luck. He hasn't caused me any trouble yet, and slowly makes his way around the tank, but I just want to make sure that he's reef safe before I start adding coral. Thanks in advance for any help!

image-2748211192.jpg

cashmoney6980 said:
Well on the last load of Manando LR from premium aquatics, this little bugar hitched a ride home with me, and I've been trying to find out what it might be, but am having no luck. He hasn't caused me any trouble yet, and slowly makes his way around the tank, but I just want to make sure that he's reef safe before I start adding coral. Thanks in advance for any help!

I thing it is an American fly snail very rare I would treasure it :)

American fly snail? Can't say that sounds familiar. And a google search turns up nothing but "flying snails" lol. Have any info about it? I'm rather curious now

Definately not a nassarius. It's definately no kind of common snail. I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what it is lol. It doesn't match any kind of normal hitch hiker snails I've seen around on the web and the assortment of books I have

Lol! I mean no offense! I just couldn't find a single thing online about an American fly snail. For a little while I was wondering if it was just a joke on me that I didn't get lol.

Trust me, I would love to know that I got a super rare snail as a hitch hiker!

Back
Top Bottom