Mystery snail eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dobber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have a few mystery snail eggs in this tank and discovered this about a week ago. The individual eggs appear popped or hatched but I don't see any new snails in the tank. Is this a snail cluster or something else? I also have several mickey platties and a couple neon tetras in this tank. Thanks for any information ya have. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418588286.497354.jpg

9-11-2001 Always Remember

If they are snail eggs, are they all dead because it was submerged? Idk how it fell unless it happened during a water change and I didn't notice it.

Yes that looks like eggs, check under the rim of the aquarium for them as they are laid on a dry surface near the water. They do need air to breath. They are just like tiny dots in your tank, if they hatched, after a couple weeks you can easily see them on the glass eating. Though you can see them right after they hatch too...

Likely you will have more.

Yeah I have seen other photos and they always appear to be at the waters edge. These look empty, should I just remove it? Leave it?

I don't see any new snails so I'm assuming they didn't make it. :-(

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418645661.362598.jpg found this morning. In the lid where I expected mystery snail eggs to be. So are they ok here?

I think the eggs in the original post were previously located where the residue is noticed in the most recent pic.

They should be fine where they are on the lid. I would dispose of the ones in the water. Good luck! Mystery snail breeding can be fun!

Yeah, and if they make it and get to be between pea and dime sized, a private LFS will usually give you credit for them, call and check to see what size they want them to be. Don't wipe the inside of the glass on the tank so there will be more biofilm for them to eat.

Back
Top Bottom