Mystery Snail Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The raft is plastic craft canvas siliconed to strips of styrofoam. You could silicone on some suction cups to keep it in place and use it in tank. This wasn't a clutch laid here and I didn't want the babies in my main tank yet so I floated it in a plastic tupperware type container. I set that on my light strip for warmth. The clutches need to stay in a very humid environment, but not sitting IN water or they will rot. It worked great for me. Hatch time was about 13 days at about 75*. I stopped counting babies when I got over 100 LOL!

Some people use new soap dishes with suction cups in the tank and others leave them where they are laid. I'm a complete control freak though so I will probably do most of my hatching in a hatchery where I can move the babies to a small grow out tank and then to a larger rubbermaid tote for growing to selling/rehoming size.

ohh thats kinda ugly... compared to other snail eggs anyways

Yeah, they are pretty icky looking. Hubby thought I was floating cat poo. He also thought I was a certifiable weirdo for it. He was quite relieved when I told him it was snail eggs :D

My snail is on a roll ! Today I found another cluster of eggs - on the side of the HOB filter - way outside the tank ! I have no idea how long its been there - its not a place I "study" often LOL. These eggs seemed whiter but drier. I put them on the raft but they may have desiccated too much - guess time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom