mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i have three adult mystery snails. what is the chance they will breed? also if they have babies i would like to sell them. do you think people will buy them over internet? how else could i sell them? thanks!

Chances are good, they need to be grown a good long time before people will be bought, some people use em for live food be only way to get rid of a bunch, don't expect a cash cow lol, if I were using them say to feed to a loach and were left under 1/4 inch I'd pay about 10 cents a piece (100 for $10) like crickets for lizards, selling one at a time to people you know that want a couple try for 5 bucks I've seen em for up to 7 at chain pet stores, everything where I'm located is more expensive though

Also make sure the tank lid is tight with just an airhose and equipment holes, I've had a hold too big for an airhose running into it and watch em march their way up and out lol

okay thanks! how many can you keep in a 10g for babies? and also how many months before i can sell them thanks again :)

A good jag of babies without the parents in their they are like specs when born lol. Ive had mine it seems like forever and they still are pretty small, they grow better too in a tank that's been running for months and has some bio film/algae built up

Back
Top Bottom